It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Help with breaking the Profit WALL
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:04 am 
PSO User

Hello people. I have a problem with my poker game since forever. Part-time player on several sites for years now. Started my BR with freerolls on one site and IB on others. Have never gone broke yet on any site but have yet to cash out either. U see, once I reach around $200 it become almost impossible to win anymore even with the nuts after the flop and turn. Big hands like FH and Quads and I still lose again and again and again until I blow up and go on tilt. Once I'm down to like $30, I start winning again and the cycle repeats itself over and over. On one site, I'm able to get to $400 before hitting this wall but it's $200 for the other 2 site. Originally I thought it was a mental thing but now I'm not so sure. I'd like to know how many others have this problem and any suggestions to overcoming this obstacle will be greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:08 am 
PSO User

Downswing with no end in sight. 3/30 preflop allin as big favorite have held. 22/30 have lost such as AsAd vs Qh9c, AsKc vs Ks9h, KcKd vs Ac4c, AhAd vs JsJh, AdKd vs AsQs, AdKd vs Ah7h, AcQh vs KdQd, KcKs vs QsQc, KhKd vs QsJs, AsKs vs Ad6c...

-Flop nut flush, check-raise allin, get beaten by runner runner boat.

-Hit top set, check, donkey shoves with AK overcards and backdoors a flush after the call.

-Turn nut straight, opponent rivers a boat with less than 4 outs.

Hit spade flush on turn with another player holding higher flush. folds, he shows his bigger flush. 2 hands later same **** with exact same player having a higher spade flush. Couple hands later, dealt Qs10s...board 7sAs10h,Kh,Js and same player has Ks4s for the third time in 1 session. This time he gets my money and made me speechless. He needed to have both his cards spades also along with 1 of them being the only King to beat me. 3 times in under 15min this happened. What are the odds?

-On button with 4s4d against only 1 player who saw the flop, Everything went in after the river. Board was Ah 4h 6c, 6d, 4c. He had the only other hand.

-Made the boat on the turn, all money goes in and the luckbox hits his 1outer on the river for quads. Lost to quads for the 2nd time in the same session!

Plus more. All within same ongoing downswing this past weeks. These are just some of the more memoriable ones.

Post subject: Re: Help with breaking the Profit WALL
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:10 am 
PSO User

You are just experiencing variance. Every single poker player has had runs of horrible luck. A few weeks ago I got pocket aces, raised to about 4X BB, got called, flop came A-7-7. Full house. I checked, villain immediately pushed all in, I figured nobody would push with quads, he probably hit a 7 or had ace-king, I call, sure enough, he had quad 7's, flopping quads to my Ace full boat, now that's unlucky!

The key is play at lower limits, it will always improve your play.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:34 am 
PSO User

Unlucky hand you had there but that's the kind of stuff I'm talking about. For me, it just happens way too much to call it variance. One or two BB here, a few cold decks there I can handle but it when happens over and over then it becomes unbelievable. As for going up in limits, I wouldn't mind depositing 10k to start a BR at the midstakes if I knew 51% that these sites were legit or at least regulated. The only site that seem to not be so f'd up is Partypoker and that was a very long time ago, don't know about nowadays and don't know about Pokerstars cause I haven't tried yet but heard all the sites are the same now. I really have no idea how guys like Durrrr made millions from a $50 deposit while everyone else just seems to go in circles endlessly.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:51 pm 
PSO User

:wall: :wall: :wall: Just logged off a session where I made tons of good lay downs with the 2nd nuts know full well they were setups and I was soooo right. However, cannot win anymore. The last hand I limped in with red Aces on the button knowing I'd get raised. Sure enough I was 3bet, so I reraised 4x. The girl (i think) reraises all in with JJ. Flop had a J and river another J giving her quads. This is the tenth time in a row I've lost with a dominant pair. I reload and waited. Later was dealt AQ UTG and limped. Guy to my left raised and everyelse but the BB folded. I push allin with around 40big blinds. The guy to my left call with A10, the BB also called with 1010. Flop was 38Q, Turn was 5, River 10. :wall:

Yesterday, I made a really good call allin for a full buyin with KQs on a K24 board against some maniac with K6s who tried to push me off the pot with big overbets. Again I got screwed, an Ace on the turn and another 4 on the river to split the pot. Pure joke cause a couple of hands later my KK lost to the same guy with QQ allin preflop and Q on the turn. Instead of being up a full buyin, I get screwed by the software. :wall:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:30 pm 
PSO User

Ok, so I got fed up as the badbeats keeps on coming without end. AK vs K10, board 892 turn is a 6, river a 7. Later, another hand AK vs K10 again, flop AK5, allin after the flop, turn 10, river 10. Normally I go on tilt and lose 9/10 my bankroll before the software will let me win again but this time I wanted to see how long teh program will keep screwing me. I had enough and decided to cash out the ~$270 I had left. They refuse to let me cash out saying I needed to have 2500 points before I can cash out because I have never deposited which is full of ****. The funny thing was I should have more than the 2500 points but it keeps on disappearing. A couple of years ago I had around 5000 points vanish overnight now this? I remember the last time I checked I had over 3600 points now when I ask to cash out, it says I only have 647.40 points. WTF?

So now I'm stuck on a site that has me doomswitched and won't let me cashout. Taking my points away to prevent me from withdrawal absolutely proves to me without of a doubt that Titan Poker and the iPoker network is nothing but a scam.