It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Echeck and Social Security Number
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:41 pm 
PSO User

Hey all, I recently signed up for poker stars and went to use its echeck deposit method. The site asks for my social security number. What are you thoughts on this, have you just handed it out to poker sites like this or do you think there is a high likelihood of identity theft?

If you go through with this form of payment they have your bank account number, birth date, name, social and bank account info....... are they trustworthy or not?

Thanks,
Vincent

Post subject: Re: Echeck and Social Security Number
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:21 pm 
PSO User

I wouldn't give them any important personal info if I were you especially credit card, Social security Number or passport unless you absolutely need to cash out say a big amount like $10000 and you're sure you will be getting the money. Pokerstars, Fulltilt and Party are legit and are NOT scammers but never give out your info to anyone else. I know a guy who had his credit card max out and identity stolen from online poker and can't do anything about it. I myself was told to to send in my driver license id and credit card to cash out a mere $300 that I ran up from the free $50 at Titan on the ipoker network. I told them I'd think about it and a few days later, to my amusement all my points were gone thereby blocking my ability to cashout. Most all of these guys online are scammers so be very careful or you'll be in trouble. Ask your local law enforcement agency if you don't believe me.