It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: How do I become a successful online poker player?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:40 am 
PSO User

Hey everyone... long time reader, first time poster here! Iʼm hoping to get some advice/
assistance from some of the more experienced players on the forum.

Iʼm not a beginner at poker by any means, but Iʼd probably consider myself a “beginner” at online poker per se... or, at least in comparison to most of my opponents at the online
tables! ;)

I really just want be a better online player and possibly generate some $ in the process (as I think some of you are doing?)...

I know we live in a day and age with limitless resources-- but I think thatʼs been a problem for me lol-- I donʼt know where I should be focusing my efforts!

Iʼve looked at poker books, internet articles, forum posts... Iʼve even searched “how to become a successful online poker player” on YouTube! (*believe it or not, that youtube
search was by far the most useful!!!)

What do you guys (you guys that are consistently generated $ at online poker) think?

I really appreciate any/all input on this matter.
:roll:

Post subject: Re: How do I become a successful online poker player?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:24 am 
PSO User

Hi celeste,

i sent you a pm.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:08 am 
PSO User

Build big bankroll on pokersource.com , pokerinception.com , pokerstrategy.com .
Then start to play rakeback on pokersource.com.
You have to always learn.
Play a lot.

You will be pro:)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:16 am 
PSO User

Well if you have truly mastered all of the skill areas you mentioned, math, Sklansky's theories, etc. Then you should probably be in a position to make some money on the side as a hobby.

But I think you are right. I think that true professional poker players have some innate skill at the game that is intangible. It could be 'instinct' and the ability to read people (might want to read Read Em And Reap), and a good feel for the game. Doyle Brunson and other players have talked about the importance of a good memory for hands that have gone before, that's a hard skill to learn.

Clearly in any game there is a natural talent involved. You could take 100 tall people, and only some would be good at basket ball. Tiger Woods could give me golf lessons every day for 10 years, and I would never be half the player he is.

Like any game, some people will be better than others. And you have to accept that you may never become a professional poker player. But there is nothing wrong with enjoying the game as a hobby. Some people can make some good money on the side doing that.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:29 am 
PSO User

hiya

you can start playing through rakeback4.me, you'll find great rakeback offers up to 50% there

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:12 am 
PSO User

you need bankroll

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:43 am 
PSO User

ok here what i say and feel is what need to be done to make money online we all know that there is alot of money online but what do we have to do to get it well frist we have to play lol like you didnt know that rite then #2 you have to take notes and alot of them every time you sit down at the table keep notes that will be a big key on how to play the guy next to you gl and i hope that you get out what you put in feel free to ask more ? and if i dont know well i will find out