It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:06 am 
PSO Platinum
PSO Platinum

if you chop, you chop, if you don't, you don't. I chop 6+ handed, and don't chop 5 or less handed. I usually muck face up, and have seen aces and kings, but I don't care. If the BB doesn't chop I raise about 90% of the time in SB.

Honestly it rarely comes up in a low limit session. If you chop you should always chop though, and if you don't chop, you should never chop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:51 pm 
PSO User

I don't think that the guy should have gotten bent out of shape for you not wanting to chop.

If both agree to chop then that's fine. If one wants to play then they play. I don't feel guilty for wanting to play some of my hands and agreeing to chop others.

I can't believe that some people really feel strongly about this. Play if you want, if both agree to chop then fine. If it is going to be played then the rules of poker should apply. No one should get their feelings hurt because someone wants to play a hand. Maybe he has a good hand and want's to play it. Nothing wrong with that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:49 pm 
PSO Extreme
PSO Extreme

InvisibleSoul wrote:
So would it actually be considered rude to not chop? Do people usually get huffy and push all-in to make a point if the other person doesn't want to chop? Or was this guy just being an ass?

It would be rude/unethical to decide whether or not to chop based upon what your hand is. Basically, a chop is a "blind" chop so the cards are irrelevant.

If everyone at the table is chopping and you don't want to, just say so to the players on your left and right before the situation comes up. There's nothing wrong with that, even if most people would prefer you to chop and save the time.

The Q8 guy is obviously very prone to tilt. Keep him in your game :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:32 pm 
PSO Elite
PSO Elite

murf72 wrote:
It would be rude/unethical to decide whether or not to chop based upon what your hand is. Basically, a chop is a "blind" chop so the cards are irrelevant.

If everyone at the table is chopping and you don't want to, just say so to the players on your left and right before the situation comes up. There's nothing wrong with that, even if most people would prefer you to chop and save the time.

I've only played live a few times, and I've never even seen a chop happen before, so obviously I wasn't able to tell anyone whether I was in favour of chopping or not.

But... man, I don't know whether it's ethical or not, but if someone is asking me to chop and I'm holding rockets, I ain't chopping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:16 am 
PSO User

I've put people on tilt before when refusing to chop and playing my hand from the SB. That's poker. If they can't handle it, the better for me... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:53 am 
PSO Silver
PSO Silver

InvisibleSoul wrote:
murf72 wrote:

I've only played live a few times, and I've never even seen a chop happen before, so obviously I wasn't able to tell anyone whether I was in favour of chopping or not.

But... man, I don't know whether it's ethical or not, but if someone is asking me to chop and I'm holding rockets, I ain't chopping.

i think if ur going to chop some hands you should always chop no matter what cards u have. i've heard of rockets getting cracked because the player didn't want to chop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:56 pm 
PSO User

I play at Seneca Niagara Falls and in the 1-2 NL game they take a rake of $3 as soon as a flop is made. In essence you are $1 in the hole if you just call on the sb.
I also ask if the player on either side chop. If they say yes then it is table etiquette to chop at all times. I have laid down AA in these instances but overall it just isn't worth giving the house $3 and playing for $1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:03 am 
PSO Poker God
PSO Poker God

The correct answer to "Do you chop?" is "Raise!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:45 am 
PSO Platinum
PSO Platinum

I've never played anywhere that has it as a rule, including Turning Stone.