It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: For Toronto and Ottawa players with a UB account
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:57 pm 
PSO Poker God
PSO Poker God

What if you could spend a day with Phil Hellmuth or Annie Duke just by making a small deposit to your UltimateBet account?

Beginning March 8th, the UltimateBet Cross Canada Tour will make its way to both Toronto and Ottawa and turn ordinary Canadians into extraordinary poker players. If you can make your way to either city, the $299 ticket can be yours for FREE.

Yes. Free. Just deposit a minimum of $200 to your UltimateBet account and well give you a FREE ticket to the Cross Canada Tour stop in either Toronto or Ottawa its your call.

Enter the code CCTUB when making your deposit and youll also earn a 20% Reload Bonus. Once youve filled your account with cash, email CCT@ultimatebet.net and let us know which event youd like to attend. Once we confirm that youve made a deposit, well send you an email ticket confirmation

Toronto - March 8, 2008 - Sheraton Centre
10am (registration and light breakfast begins at 9am)

Ottawa March 16, 2008 - Ottawa Marriott
10am (registration and light breakfast begins at 9am)

This is your chance to get up close and personal with the biggest names in poker and fast track your game by learning the secrets of playing like a true champion. All attendees will have the chance to compete for a 2008 Aruba Poker Classic prize package valued at $8,500 and will receive a $300 gift bag filled with incredible poker surprises.

This offer is open to the first 100 players who respond. Offer ends at 6pm ET on Thursday, March 6th so dont delay. To find out more about the UltimateBet.net Cross Canada Tour click here.

The Team at UltimateBet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:23 pm 
PSO Poker God
PSO Poker God

If you can make your way to either city

I'm guessing we gonna have to pay for own air fare if flying?

AC you going?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:27 pm 
PSO Platinum
PSO Platinum

I'll be there on a media pass, but figured it's worth it to dump a quick $200 on UB to grab this goodie bag and . Who wants to bet most of the $300 value is a special reload offer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:50 pm 
PSO Poker God
PSO Poker God

Yeah I deposited, just waiting for my eticket. If you want me to try and scalp your ticket I could try that. :)

I wanna go just to get into the Aruba freeroll. I hope they have wireless in there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:30 pm 
PSO Platinum
PSO Platinum

Actyper,

You know anyone who's interested in attending? Looks like I may be stuck covering another assignment tomorrow and not able to make it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:13 pm 
PSO Poker God
PSO Poker God

None that I know of, but I can check. Me going depends on the weather now. 30 mf cms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:52 pm 
PSO Platinum
PSO Platinum

actyper wrote:
None that I know of, but I can check. Me going depends on the weather now. 30 mf cms.

Exactly. I might camp out at the office downtown today. Sucks that my Saturday assignment will switch from the pokah to a weather one.

Although the snow probably does make the Aruba freeroll even more +EV. Let me know if you dig anyone up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:56 pm 
PSO Platinum
PSO Platinum

Anyone got any opinions on the event? I got stuck working but the story I was covering was in the Sheraton Centre two floors below so I kept popping in and out.

Have to say, I have a few new people to add to my buddy list after the cash game session with Shawn Rice. I couldn't believe the people paying him off with CRAP hands. (It did boggle my mind though his explanation of why he buys in for a half stack only, especially when its 200nl and he should be killing the competition.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:57 am 
PSO Poker God
PSO Poker God

I left after 12 lol. I first few hours were all noob stuff, at it was very obvious that Phil has no idea about online poker whatsoever. The pointers were garbage, there were so ok discussions with the panel though. Yeah on pf.ca one guy asked why he bought in half stack, I don't think he posted the reason though, what was it?

Cash game strategy was non existant at the beginning as they always went back and talked tourney strategy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:01 am 
PSO Platinum
PSO Platinum

The half stack strategy was so it would allow him two shots for the price of a full buy-in. Kind of an half-assed excuse for a "pro" who should be easily handling players at 1/2 nl, the level all the example hands were from.

I was somewhat disappointed at the hand selection as well, although I did learn how to runner, runner straights and boats. Seems the lesson was how to get it all-in when your behind and suckout on the river.

Did you enjoy the $300 goodie bag actyper? The $250 off the WSOP academy really was a letdown. At least there's the freeroll tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:34 am 
PSO Poker God
PSO Poker God

Yeah unbelievable, putting in a coupon that makes up all the value.

Thats the stupidist strategy i've ever heard of, or they're 20 levels ahead of me. I heard about their video analysis on how to suckout or to play monsters, lol.

gl in the freeroll. $24 (parking) should be what I paid for a ub shirt and that sat entry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:24 am 
PSO Poker God
PSO Poker God

so the $300 goodie bag included a coupon for $250 off WSOP academy and a UB tshirt

sheeyat :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:41 am 
PSO Platinum
PSO Platinum

moneymate wrote:
so the $300 goodie bag included a coupon for $250 off WSOP academy and a UB tshirt

sheeyat :o

And a copy of Bluff magazine.

Post subject: Re: For Toronto and Ottawa players with a UB account
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:59 pm 
PSO Bronze
PSO Bronze

FYI Im a fulltime Ub grinder from Toronto and Phill Hellmuth isn't even with Ub anymore as of February 1st He is no longer a sponsored player. Not sure about Annie Duke.

So I don't know or havent myself ever herd about this :s?