It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Battle of the Bars
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:48 am 
PSO User

Hello Pso Players

Got a question on a ruling that i have not ever encountered. Was at the final table with 4 people left in the game Player 1 went all in with 89off (thought he could buff) Player 2 called with AK off Player 3 had A10 off An Player 4 had 55. Player 2 had the most chips Player 3&4 had the same amount of chips player 1 was the short stack. After the commuity cards were dealt out the winner was Player 2. the question is who got 3rd an who got 2nd for the money. Player 1 was out didn't even pair up.Player 3 had a pair of 10s Player 4 had his 55 an player 2 had pair of kk to win. Player 3 thought he should have got 2nd because he had the better hand than player 4. But player 4 thought the 2nd an 3rd should chop because player 2 won an their hand was more or less dead. there was a side pot for 5000 that if player 2 wouldn't have called then player 3 would have won.. but player 2 did call an won. What should of happen should player 3 get 2nd or should i have chopped 2nd & 3rd between them since they both had the same amount of chips. I know this sounds simple but as for finding any ruling in rules i can not find them. Just thinking i think player 3 should have got 2nd for the fact that his hand was better than player 4 but it was not good enough to win the pot. This is a bar league that i have run for 4 years an never had this happen.

Thank you PSO for everything you guys an gals do it is an awesome site i play the league games alot and read the forums alot. The leagues are fun to play. The forums are very informative. Keep up the GREAT Work. Big thumbs up Too all members an Staff

Dirtmodracin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:11 am 
PSO Platinum
PSO Platinum

Its not the 2nd and 3rd best hands that decide the position, rather the chip stack of each player prior. If there were multiple knockouts, the player with the higher chip stack at the start of the hand gets higher finishing position.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:20 pm 
PSO Poker God
PSO Poker God

kitch is correct, but since they started with the same amount of chips, they split 2nd and 3rd between them (each player gets 50% of 2nd and 50% of 3rd).

Glad to hear you enjoy the league and forums :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:29 pm 
PSO User

Thanks guys
That is what i ended up doing was chopping 2nd & 3rd.
Thank you for your insight knew i could count on PS.