It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Pokerstars free gift
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:23 pm 
PSO User

Greeting
I have a problem with my Pokerstars confirmation. I registered to PS through Pokersource. I used Your link and registered correctly, but when I finished the requirements and You sent the verification email to PS, they answered, that Im not tracked to Pokersource.
I dont know, how its possible, because I made everything right.
1. I connected to PS through PSO link
2. I havnt any cookies with PS (I NEVER opened PS site before)
3. I downloaded the software, made deposit and put the bonus code

Here is the answere from PS:

"Please note that there is a number of reasons why players could not have their account linked to an affiliate when signing up with PokerStars:

• Cookies are turned off
• Software Firewalls are enabled.
• Anti-virus protection.
• Player did not enter the Marketing Code.
• Player visited another site prior to signing up."

- Cookies cant be turned off. I even find Pokerstars cookie with the content: Pokersourceonline.
- I never change anything on firewall. Its original Windows firewall. I dont use any other.
- I use NAV anti-virus, but Im sure its not blocked any Stars file, because I didnt get any notification
- I had only the bonus code, and I used it
- I dont know, what "other site" PS mean, but I didnt visit any other affiliate site, and NEVER opened Pokerstars site before

Please check with Stars, what can be the problem, because I did everything right.
I have an idea, what could make the problem and I wrote it to PS too, but they ignored my note and send beck only this official answere above.
I registered from Serbia. I opened the site from the Pokersource link. That was "http://www.pokerstars.eu/?source=pokersourceonline".
Then, I downloaded the client and registered. When I tried to log in, I received a message, that "in Your area, You must use pokerclient downloaded
from pokerstars.com. Please go to pokerstars.com, and download the client", or something like that. I did it and installed the new client. The mistake
can be there.
When I checked my cookies after the negative verification email I find there some cookie with info "pokerstars.eu, name:promo, content:pokersourceonline".
Its not my fault, that I must install the client from ".com" domain too. That mean, that I registered to pokerstars.eu and played on pokerstars.com.
But Your link is only to ".com" domain. You can maybe contact the pokerstars.eu. I hope, its same firm.

Please check and correct this. Thank You

PS I already tried to refer some friends to join PSO, but if one of the best of Your promotions is not working, what can I tell them? :?

Post subject: Re: Pokerstars free gift
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:35 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

First, my apologies that your Stars promotion was not approved. PokerSource has no control over any of this. In fact, if the player is not tracked to PokerSource, Stars won't even tell us who the tracker belongs to, nor will they tell the player. They say it has to do with privacy concerns, etc.

As you stated in your post, Stars checked and then rechecked your account, and both times found that you were not tracked to PokerSource. I know this because I was cc'ed on all of the emails.

Again, my apologies. If you decide to do future promotions with us, please feel free to email me directly to first check that you're properly tracked before you make a deposit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:19 pm 
PSO User

:(
Its very bad to hear (read) that.
But what can I do... :(
Please check then maybe with Stars, if Your ".eu" link is good for players from Serbia or not. Whats happen if the player registered to pokerstars.eu (through Your link) must install the client from pokerstars.com and play there? The player will be not tracked? Maybe You can place link for pokerstars.com too, not?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:56 pm 

Our PokerStars links should automatically redirect you to the correct site based on your country.

You must have used our links to create your account otherwise the account will end up not tracked to us as an affiliate nor eligible to receive the promotion.

The correct affiliate link is: http://www.pokerstars.eu/?source=pokersourceonline if their system requires to download the .com, the correct link to use is: http://www.pokerstars.com/?source=pokersourceonline