It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Carbon problem
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:53 pm 
PSO User

Hello
I signed up to Carbon 2 weeks ago. I deposited, played and everything were OK. I sent my docs too and they verified my account 4-5 days ago. But yesterday I couldnt log in to my account. Today I received and email, that Carbon dont accept players from my country (Hungary), and my money will be send back to me.
I contacted online support, who told me, that this is decision of their management accepted this week (yesterday).
Its ok, but I collected 850 points till now and needed only 350 more to got 15000 PSO points. I think, they should stop new registrations from restricted countries, and give some time (30-60 days) for registered players to finish and cash out. That would be correct only. I lost 80 USD, and I waited very much "150 USD" from You.
Whats now?

Post subject: Re: Carbon problem
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:35 am 
PSO User

Oooops.
Hi, same problem here ( Belarus).
I made bets, around 900-1100 ( did not know exactly). After this they close account because did not longer accept country, two complaints:
1) On the moment of close account, i had 3 active bets for 77$. All three bets won, and i should be refunded at least 130$. Instead this they just will refund 77$. Shame.
2) What about pokersource points? i registered at a day, when 5000 bonus points, it is 19500 points, and this is very serious money (at least for me).
I believe you, pokersource, should contact carbon on your side and ask for few thing : a) allow users complete registration or b) push them to pay you commision for such accounts(which closed), and then you will be able release points to us.
If carbon will not pay you commision for such account, of course i can not wait and can not ask you to give me points, but this will mean that carbon cheat not only players, but also cheat affiliates ( which is much more serious problem).
Anyway, i looking forward to see what will happen. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:51 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

First, I'd like to state that we had no prior warning of this and apologize to our members who were impacted by Carbon's decision. I've now had a chance to speak with our Carbon Affiliate Manager and we've come to what I think is an equitable solution to this. I hope you agree.

Anyone who has signed up for Carbon in the last 60 days and had their account "closed" prior to finishing the promotion will be compensated based on the amount of VIP Points or sports wagering they completed prior to the closure.

Simply email me your Carbon username or CID or email address. My direct email is "jay at pokersource dot com". I will confirm that you were tracked to PokerSource, made the minimum $50 deposit, and verify how many points or wagering you had in your account as of Feb 25th and will then add to your PokerSource account the appropriate PokerSource Points and move your account to "archived". Room of the Month and Deal of the Day points will be factored into our calculations, don't worry. Also, if your account was a referral, then your referrer will be paid as well.

In addition, as further compensation, anyone whose Carbon account was closed this week will be awarded an additional 2500 PokerSource Points upon completion of their next promotion. Please email me when you're finished and I'll make the adjustment.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:50 pm 
PSO User

Hi Jayl, already sent you my username and CID on carbon. Few mins ago i get email from your support:
'Hello,
Although you almost completed the promotion requirements, this doesn't
mean we will get paid for your referral, as the promotion was not
completed nor they verified you were linked to us.
This is why we cannot grant you with the free gift promotion, since your
account was never verified by poker room.
-Regards,
Team PokerSource
'
what about they talking, and why you told good things, they told bad things :(

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:18 pm 

BLRparniwka wrote:
Hi Jayl, already sent you my username and CID on carbon. Few mins ago i get email from your support:
'Hello,
Although you almost completed the promotion requirements, this doesn't
mean we will get paid for your referral, as the promotion was not
completed nor they verified you were linked to us.
This is why we cannot grant you with the free gift promotion, since your
account was never verified by poker room.
-Regards,
Team PokerSource
'
what about they talking, and why you told good things, they told bad things :(

Hi BLRparniwka!
We are sorry for the misunderstanding with out support team, as it was previously mentioned the decision made by Carbon Poker surprised all of us, and in no way we intended to take away the promotion you registered for, but it was a little confusing as on the email you mentioned that your account at Carbon Poker was closed due to security issues.
We are glad that this has been resolved and that once verified the gift will be credited in your PokerSource account. 8)
Again, we apologize for all the inconvenience.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:21 am 
PSO User

Hello Jay! Probably you can say when aproximately points for carbon will be credited?
Also i decide to join betonline, if they ok and safe?
Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:14 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

BLRparniwka wrote:
Hello Jay! Probably you can say when approximately points for carbon will be credited?
Also i decide to join betonline, if they ok and safe?
Thanks!

Carbon promised me a response this week on all of the accounts that belong to countries no longer accepted by the Merge Network. As soon as they respond your points will be posted. Thanks for your patience as we work through these accounts.

Regarding BetOnline: We vet all of the rooms we promote on PokerSource and I have personally met or spoken with each of their representatives, and continue to do so on a weekly basis. While I obviously can't predict the future, as in the case of Carbon's banishment of a handful of US states and countries, Pokersource will do its best to make our customers whole if something goes wrong during the 60 day qualifying period. This is something we've done since we launched ten years ago and why we have close to 400,000 members.

Best of luck at BetOnline, and don't forget to join us there for our next Facebook Followers Freeroll on March 29th!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:00 pm 
PSO User

Close Carbot/Aced promotion for Russia. This rooms do not accepted russian players , but it snow at free poker gift.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:13 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

YaDevil wrote:
Close Carbot/Aced promotion for Russia. This rooms do not accepted russian players , but it snow at free poker gift.

YaDevil...thanks for bringing this to our attention, but I''ll need to confirm it with our Carbon representative first before I block Russia.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:59 pm 
PSO User

JAYL wrote:
YaDevil wrote:

YaDevil...thanks for bringing this to our attention, but I''ll need to confirm it with our Carbon representative first before I block Russia.

Just there no " Russian Federation " in registr page.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I can now confirm that Carbon does not accept players from the Russian Federation. However, this is not a new policy.

Players from that area who had existing accounts were allowed to continue playing. Only new signups were barred from joining.

This changed over this weekend, when existing players from the Russian Federation were also banned and had their accounts closed.

While PokerSource has nothing to do with these decisions, we would still like to apologize to any of our members that were impacted by this.

As was the case with Belarus, Hungary and the other countries recently banned, simply email Carbon support for a refund of your existing balance:

support@carbonpoker.ag

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:58 pm 
PSO User

It is wednesday already, they still no reply? :( Why so long? Probably i can help to speed up it some way?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:52 pm 
PSO User

Hi, i get 11000 points, why?
I met 80% requirements, it was 12000 for carbon + 2500 for room of month and 5000 deal of the day...
Anyway, thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

BLRparniwka wrote:
Hi, i get 11000 points, why?
I met 80% requirements, it was 12000 for carbon + 2500 for room of month and 5000 deal of the day...
Anyway, thank you!

BLRparniwka...typically when someone doesn't finish a promotion they get zero, since we don't get paid until you hit 12K Points on Carbon. However, since Carbon barred players from your country from playing, we didn't think that was fair so we asked Carbon to partially compensate us. We gave you the equivalent in PokerSource Points. We literally made zero on your Carbon promotion. I think that was the fair thing for us to do.

Oh, and just to be clear, the 5000 Deal of the Day offer was not on top of the 2500 ROTM offer, it was in lieu of. My apologies to anyone that misunderstood the offer.

We will also award any player that was affected by Carbon's decision an additional 2500 Points on their next completed promotion. Just email us or post here in the forum when you're finished, thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:13 pm 
PSO User

Hello
Partial PSO points received.
Little bit less, than I calculated, but I think, that was anyway correct from PSO. Nice job. Thanks.

I hope, that this +2500 for next room is on top of the "room of the month" or "Deal of the day" or anything other. :)