It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 9000 PSO points Bodog Poker
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:00 am 
PSO User

This offer took me about a month to complete on Bodog poker.
The site itself is fine, nothing special or dynamic, which is good. Mostly just cards so you can focus. The games were a little bit softer than Pokerstars, but still competitive. I greatly dislike how few people signed up to play the tournaments. To play a tournmament with any significant prize pool you would have to spend upwards of $100 for a buyin, when you could spend $10 on Fulltilt or Pokerstars. The bonus took a long time for me to clear, most likely because you earn less points playing tourneys than cash (note: I had temporarily moved my bankroll to Bodog to try it out, so the primary reason was not just to earn the points).

Bodog has a weekly $100k guaranteed tournament, I believe it's $150 +rake buyin, but normally so few people signup there is a layover. For that reason, I tried playing it one weekend, but unfortunately the tournament crashed. They refunded our buyins (mine had an error at first) and support was helpful, but the exact same thing happened the next week (this was in late October/Early november 2009), making me wonder why the software crashed when they didn't have enough people for the big tournament... if it was really just coincidence.
if you wish to clear this bonus, by all means go ahead, but I recommend playing cash games or small sitngos to conserve your bankroll.

Anyways, PSO of course was great and I got my points (which I just spent). I ordered the Copag cards, 2x acrylic chip racks, dealer button, and a $20 amazon coupon.

Pictured below is the coupon from Amazon. I used it to buy The Illiad and Oddysey. And the Art of War by Sun Tzu. Thanks PSO!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:02 am 
PSO User

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:37 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello SirJono,

Thank you for your post and kind words. I would like you to read over our testimonial program :)

http://www.pokersource.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46295&highlight=testimonial

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:12 pm 
PSO User

Hey Nel4nath,

Perhaps I'll write up about my Carbon Poker experience for that - I enjoyed that room even more! I'll just wait for the chips to arrive. Or maybe I'll do a hybrid type of thing. That review will be a lot better for sure. At least I think I have a lot more good things to say.

The books from Amazon came - here they are!

The points in my account:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello SirJono,

Excellent can't wait read it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:43 pm 
PSO User

Update:

here is a picture of the items I requested from PokerSource:

The Copag cards are of pretty high quality, the best I've played with. They are 100% plastic, have really good snap, and slide across the table well. They also shuffle very well. You will be very satisfied with these playing cards.

Dealer button: pretty basic design, pretty much does exactly what it says it will. The beep is rather annoying, but it serves the purpose. This is more of a novelty and I'm not sure how much you would actually use it.

Acrylic chip holders: work very well, seem of a sturdy contruction, and give even cheaper chips a more professional look. They hold 100 chips each, which is actually a lot more than it seems, but makes for fun because players can start with more chips.

Post subject: Re: 9000 PSO points Bodog Poker
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:15 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi SirJono,

Another great review of the promomtions. Have you sent the email of your testimonial?