It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Folded Back to back 7-3's that turn into monsters
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:14 pm 
PSO Platinum
PSO Platinum

All at $25 NL

First time:
In BB - 7-3 off, single raise to $1 (50cents to call). Thought about calling it but folded.
Flop comes: 7-7-10
Turn: 3
River: 2
Winner has A-10

Right after:
SB - 7-3 off again! Raiser to $1.50 (1.25 to call) Almost called it cause of last hand.
Flop comes: 3-3-3
CRAP!

I know you can't play these hands but after getting the hands back to back and them turning into monsters, I'm going to start thinking about playing a little more in the blinds.

Post subject: Re: Folded Back to back 7-3's that turn into monsters
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:25 pm 
PSO Premium
PSO Premium

breaux124 wrote:
All at $25 NL

First time:
In BB - 7-3 off, single raise to $1 (50cents to call). Thought about calling it but folded.
Flop comes: 7-7-10
Turn: 3
River: 2
Winner has A-10

Right after:
SB - 7-3 off again! Raiser to $1.50 (1.25 to call) Almost called it cause of last hand.
Flop comes: 3-3-3
CRAP!

I know you can't play these hands but after getting the hands back to back and them turning into monsters, I'm going to start thinking about playing a little more in the blinds.
Breaux-
Why wouldn't you call 50 cents on the BB? I could see if it was raised 3x or so.. But just for 50 cents to see 3 cards would be a given for me? If I called the 50 cents and was raised over it. Then I would definitely fold pre-flop? If I were in any other position I would definitely fold...But if I were small or large blind and have already contributed to the pot. I would have called? Maybe that's just me? Tuff Call.... 8)

Post subject: Re: Folded Back to back 7-3's that turn into monsters
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:26 pm 
PSO Platinum
PSO Platinum

Top-Tr8der wrote:
Why wouldn't you call 50 cents on the BB? I could see if it was raised 3x or so.. But just for 50 cents to see 3 cards would be a given for me? If I called the 50 cents and was raised over it. Then I would definitely fold pre-flop? If I were in any other position I would definitely fold...But if I were small or large blind and have already contributed to the pot. I would have called? Maybe that's just me? Tuff Call.... 8)

I know. I'm so used to playing FL tables where your win percentage is so closely tied to your starting hands. And so many times I partly hit the flop and then I have to play out my hand to end up losing with a hand I should have never played. I have to change my thinking with NL, it's almost worth it to see the flop lots of times cause then if you nail your hand your EV is very high.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:45 am 
PSO Ultimate
PSO Ultimate

Ouch. That's a rough one to take. I wouldn't pay one red cent to see a flop with 7/3 off unless I was getting some ridiculous pot odds. Just a personal thing for me. I don't like putting up money without at least something decent, but then again, I'm generally considered a tight player.

I know it's aggravating to see you tossed the winning hand preflop, but more often than not, it's the right fold.