It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: you know it's gonna be a good night when....
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:19 am 
PSO Bronze
PSO Bronze

this was unbelieveable... my very first hand of the night

i think he figured i had **** since every time he bet i'd "think" and take like 10-15 seconds to call him, hehe. But still... betting that much with top pair? My hand got better and better with every card :D

***** Hand History for Game 1026232539 *****
0/0 TexasHTGameTable (NL) - Tue Oct 05 22:05:31 EDT 2004
Table Table 11310 (Real Money) -- Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: DirtyLo ( $85.77)
Seat 2: cincin ( $50.80)
Seat 3: player1029 ( $10.13)
Seat 4: sternscuse ( $24.22)
Seat 5: MtnPlr ( $24.63)
Seat 6: cscholze ( $24.50)
Seat 7: RAN99 ( $0)
Seat 8: tmahan11 ( $25.61)
Seat 9: PokerGoblin ( $47.05)
Seat 10: FlopsNoPair ( $25)
cincin posts small blind (0.25)
player1029 posts big blind (0.50)
FlopsNoPair posts big blind (0.50)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to FlopsNoPair [ 8h, 3s ]
MtnPlr calls (0.50)
cscholze calls (0.50)
tmahan11 calls (0.50)
PokerGoblin calls (0.50)
FlopsNoPair checks.
DirtyLo calls (0.50)
cincin calls (0.25)
player1029 checks.
** Dealing Flop ** : [ Jd, 8s, 3h ]
cincin checks.
player1029 checks.
MtnPlr checks.
cscholze checks.
tmahan11 bets (3.80)
PokerGoblin folds.
FlopsNoPair calls (3.80)
DirtyLo folds.
RAN99: Dirty-NH, i had kkkaa
cincin folds.
player1029 folds.
MtnPlr folds.
cscholze folds.
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 3d ]
tmahan11 bets (3)
FlopsNoPair calls (3)
** Dealing River ** : [ 3c ]
tmahan11 bets (15)
FlopsNoPair raises (17.70) to 17.70
FlopsNoPair is all-In.
tmahan11 calls (2.70)
Creating Main Pot with $50.35 with FlopsNoPair
** Summary **
Main Pot: $50.35 | | Rake: $2.65
Board: [ Jd 8s 3h 3d 3c ]
DirtyLo balance $85.27, lost $0.50 (folded)
cincin balance $50.30, lost $0.50 (folded)
player1029 balance $9.63, lost $0.50 (folded)
sternscuse balance $24.22, sits out
MtnPlr balance $24.13, lost $0.50 (folded)
cscholze balance $24, lost $0.50 (folded)
RAN99 balance $25, sits out
tmahan11 balance $0.61, lost $25 [ Ks Jh ] [ a full house, Threes full of jacks -- Jh,Jd,3h,3d,3c ]
PokerGoblin balance $46.55, lost $0.50 (folded)
FlopsNoPair balance $50.35, bet $25, collected $50.35, net +$25.35 [ 8h 3s ] [ four of a kind, threes -- Jd,3s,3h,3d,3c ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:18 pm 
PSO Ultimate
PSO Ultimate

3x
Pocket jacks
Pocket 8's
Pocket queens
Pocket kings
Pocket aces

Those were the only hands that could beat him after the river. Other than a pocket pair or the 3rd 3, he couldn't lose the hand. I don't really blame him for the big bet at the end. Bet reasonable before that. Caught top pair (jacks) with a king kicker. Bet basically the pot. Turn gave him two pair with a king kicker, and bet a little smaller. River gave him the boat. He just got unlucky that you had the 4th 3 on the BB.

Nice hand though. :thumbs up:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:04 pm 
PSO Poker God
PSO Poker God

I disagree with this. When someone calls me, I have to ask myself why. What could they possibly have to be calling me with? The last bet was bad, IMO. A smaller bet would have made it possible to let the hand go when the caller raised me all in and all those possiblities are out there to beat me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:07 pm 
PSO Ultimate
PSO Ultimate

DuggleBogey wrote:
I disagree with this. When someone calls me, I have to ask myself why. What could they possibly have to be calling me with? The last bet was bad, IMO. A smaller bet would have made it possible to let the hand go when the caller raised me all in and all those possiblities are out there to beat me.

Too many variables in my opinion. For every flop, there are 3 sets, 2 pair, or an overpair possible. Not to mention flush draws, straight draws, boats (depending on the flop), etc. Way too many variables to guess at it early into the hand. Sure, take a look at get an idea, but it's not the easiest thing to do. Once all the cards are out, then it can be narrowed down somewhat. Of course, this doesn't include the always present buff.

I see way too many bluffs online to think about this particular hand that way. With Rupp being the big blind in the hand, I'd have been a little concerned that he had the 4th three (which he did), but I wouldn't be concerned about him holding a pocket pair (which he wasn't). As such, I'd have probably bet much less after the river (flop bet was $3.80, turn was $3, so I'd probably have bet $5 but not more than $7), but I'd have called every nickel I had at the table had Rupp gone all in. I've banked way more than enough money off of people attempting to bluff a hand like that (and split several pots as well), so an occasional mistake isn't going to hurt me in comparison to what I've won off plays like that one. For every $1 I lose on a hand like that one, I probably make $10 by simply calling the bluff. Very, very few hands would have beaten tmahan, and in his position, I'm in the showdown. Pot would have probably been smaller, but I'd have seen the hand all the way through to the end.

So you really would have laid that hand down when so few hands could beat you Duggle? Not to mention that he was the big blind and there was no preflop raise or anything to indicate a high pair (which he didn't have). I like my odds in that and will call it all day long (and have been profiting from for quite awhile now).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:34 pm 
PSO Bronze
PSO Bronze

he probably thought i was a fish on the straight draw... i don't see why you'd bet a lot on the river though... I'm not gonna call anything if i missed the straight.. maybe he was hoping i had J's with a small kicker too... i dunno though... even so we'd just split the pot then.. There's no way someone would call with less, so that's why a big bet at the end is a bad move.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:08 am 
PSO Poker God
PSO Poker God

I'm not saying that, I probably would have called a big bet on the river with my FH. But there was no reason to overbet the pot there. The only way you get called is if someone has you beat. I don't like to get myself into situations where I can't really win, I can only lose.

Of course, the X-factor in this equation is "The Aquarium" where you may also get called if the other player is a Typical Party Moron. But I would have to know this in advance of the hand.