It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: pot limit omaha
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:56 am 
PSO Silver
PSO Silver

I just started playing pot limit omaha cash game.  I read a book on it and pretty much follow what it says.  If you bet and get raised  and you don't have the nuts fold.  I am doing alright with that strategy since I have been felted with second nuts a few times.  I want to know if I could get away from this hand after the flop.  I raise with AKK7 with A7 suited.  I get one caller.  The flop comes AAJ.  I bet and he raises me all. I call knowing AJ or JJ beats me. If he has AJ I know I have some cards to fill up to beat him. Since this is omaha and not holdem can I fold that there? Just trying to learn strategy. He had JJ and I lost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:08 pm 
PSO Poker God
PSO Poker God

I don't play a ton of omaha but folding trips top kicker when you're losing to 2 hands seems kind of nitty. I think you see a worse ace here a lot of the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:33 pm 
PSO Platinum
PSO Platinum

i dunno about that. i am also not much of a PL omaha player; if anything i am a bit of a Omaha H/L FL player. but i'm just thinkng about this hand out loud a little (sort of).

while AKK7 was pretty preflop, even AK27 would be better after that flop i think, as it will make aces full more often (assuming you are not against AJ). omaha is game of redraws, and i don't see a lot of them with this hand. most likely, you will go to a showdown wilth trips because it looks to me like there are only 4 outs to aces full or better and 6 outs to kings full or better (where the hypothetical AK27 has 10 outs). even if you are against another ace, i think it is probably a better ace in that it draws to aces full better, and even one of two kings will only give you kings full.

i haven't made that venture into PL omaha myself, but i find the game interesting. i'm looking forward to more opinions on your question. to actually answer it myeslf, though: sorry i can't. i don't know if you should fold it. i haven't ventured into the game yet because this is exactly the kind of situation i wouldn't know how to react to. i guess it also depends how deep your stacks were.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:28 pm 
PSO Premium
PSO Premium

im pretty sure i fold if he shoves regardless of having trips. Trips is a nothing hand in omaha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:58 pm 
PSO User

Interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:59 pm 
PSO User

Interesting.

Post subject: Re: pot limit omaha
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:56 pm 
PSO Bronze
PSO Bronze

I wouldn't call his shove either. That's a clear fold. Wait for a better hand.