It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:13 pm 
PSO Elite
PSO Elite

Alright...some great thought on both sides of the call/fold fence. I truly don't know if there is a wrong answer here.

I tanked and basically wanted to flip a coin to decide if I call or fold.

I decided on a fold because of table dynamics and that fact that there wasn't enough big pots being played.

I retrospect I think the case for calling can be made stronger than folding once we dig a bit deeper into the hand. His over bet to my perceived weakness on the turn makes me have to call. His speech about how tight I am makes me think he was using that to his advantage to make me lay down a big hand.

The play I made was a variance reducer with not enough information either way to make a good decision imo. I took the easy way out and in the long run will always work out because I will have a greater than 50/50 situation soon enough (not talking odds to win in this case but a better situation to get my $ in later).

He decided to show me ATc no pair no draw and just 3 outs. I guess he didn't really show me, he more threw it at me which was a dick move but didn't bother me. I told my side of the table I was outplayed and moved on.

Thanks for playing along!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:20 pm 
PSO Premium
PSO Premium

i think u have to fold (w/o a reason to think hes exploiting u).

you're too deep to be putting that many blinds in vs a tight player with only 1 pair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:36 pm 
PSO User

i have read this post over and over

i beleive they were great answers on both sides of that fence as well.

im fairly new here but here is my 2 cents.

at that point i may suspect he is holding a-9 or even aa but i think i make a call here, even if i lose the pot it makes a resounding statement, that would carry for the rest of the night.

i dont think i check the turn instead bet out 3/4 of the pot it says look "I got the balls to play this game", and reverses the onus on him asking him "Do YOU have the balls to look me up?" and this would apply to many future pots as well, hence setting the stage for a monster bluff, if you were so inclined.

understanding you though a case could be made in the reverse(ie "i can make a monster fold you really dont want to call me bluff) but do you really want people to know that you can be bluffed by a player who has probably set the stage for himself already.just because tight players "appear tight" dosent mean a lack of knowledge of position, and the "perceived" weakness you showed allowed for an attempt at the pot.
(but from prior posts you have written you fully understand that).

i dunno, folding here also brings about the problem of "getting paid" when you do hit a monster hand in later stages of the game, but if the pots are all small anyways you already have a problem of getting paid off, that being said i dont beleive many more opportunitys would arrise for you to get paid off if the table is that tight, making an even stronger case to make a call.

either way i think i lean in here and take my lumps.

meet me on the river we can dance the night away on your money.