It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: PokerStars Gift Cards Removed from Points Store
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:19 am 

PokerSource Customers,

Our PokerStars Gift Cards have been removed as an option from our Points Store. :(

Unfortunately the PokerStars player transfer tool is intended to help players fund their accounts, and these funds must be used to play at their tables.

We still offer gift cards on a number of sites including Carbon Poker, bodog, Cake Poker, Party Poker, and Redkings. Additionally gift cards can be purchased for sites like Amazon, Target and Best Buy. Visit our Member's Points Store to find out which options are available to you.

We apologize for any inconveniences and hope we can work out a special structure with PokerStars to add this offer again in the future.

Post subject: Re: PokerStars Gift Cards Removed from Points Store
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:30 am 
PSO User

Is this the result from the inquiries you did on my behalf?
If so: whoops!!
Luckily I got my gift card out just in time :-)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:16 pm 

:lol: After further communication with PokerStars, they decided to pull the cards until a cashout solution was resolved. We tried very hard to keep the option available to our customers!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:57 am 
PSO Platinum
PSO Platinum

[quote="sandym"]:lol: After further communication with PokerStars, they decided to pull the cards until a cashout solution was resolved. We tried very hard to keep the option available to our customers![/quote]

Hi sandym
Interesting... Is it a blanket shut down? Is it safe to assume that PStars has STOPPED all buddy transfers "until a cashout solution" is resolved? or are they just DISCRIMINATING against Poker Source Gift Card buddy transfers?.....

Policy is policy this seems to be a double standard. What is the difference if one of their other players or Pro's transfers a loan or pays a side bet (probably a greater $ amounts than most of our individual gift card transfers) via buddy transfer and the other players or Pro's cash them out according to the policy, a standard policy that apparently no longer applies to Poker Source Customers Buddy transfers ......

Must have been a Poker Stars Committee that applied what appears to be a discriminating/exclusionary policy on our gift card transfers because one person alone would not likely have arrived at such a deficient policy.

Thanks for the disappointing update.
David

ps. By chance is Poker Source still working with moneybookers/skrill etc... for funds transfer option direct to e-banks accepted by poker sites? Looking forward to your reply

Thanks again
D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:37 am 

The decision was for us as an affiliate since 'technically' players should not be allowed to cash out gift card transfers. Our players were required to meet a certain point/hand requirement and could cash out but PokerStars disallowed that.

We used to offer PayPal and Neteller transfers but those are currently not options.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:14 pm 
PSO Platinum
PSO Platinum

sandym
Thank you. No doubt you folks tried your best, too bad Pstars fail to see any benefit in recieving our patronage via the Gift Card service .....

Well I had a plan for a PokerStars Gift Card.
Diminished online bankroll = deposit best deal on gift card/ Rats! card discontinued=\future Poker plan derailed. Not a nice spot to be in.

(As if they'll miss me lol) It will be their loss as well as mine as the Poker Stars gift card was the only way I had of funding their site. Unfortunately 3 out of 5 of the other sites that offer gift cards, I have no account and no way at the moment of funding them for a promo either.(I had a plan for a PStars gift card) Quite frankly I don't enjoy playing at the other 2 sites that are offering gift cards. Especially the one where there is an additional 1000pts charged for $25 .... I guess Stars will have to hope we run good elsewhere to be able to continue being pstars patrons eh?

Some days are better than others .... The consequences of this news sucks!

Again sandym thank you.
D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:29 am 
PSO Platinum
PSO Platinum

[quote="sandym"]The decision was for us as an affiliate since 'technically' players should not be allowed to cash out gift card transfers. Our players were required to meet a certain point/hand requirement and could cash out but PokerStars disallowed that.

We used to offer PayPal and Neteller transfers but those are currently not options.[/quote]

Hi sandym
Sandym and Poker Source thank you for trying to save this valuable benefit of the now sketchy Funds Transfer option at Poker Stars

I made an appeal to Poker Stars. I have doubts it will help but doing nothing didn't seem right.
Here's a copy.

Hi Poker Stars Afilliate Program Manager and anyone else with influence on this department.

Poker Source Gift Cards for Poker Stars are not available at the moment, they have been cancelled by Poker Stars as part of the afilliates program. Will they be reinstated soon or at all?

Basically if the Poker source Gift Card option is removed permanently it will inhibit my ability to carry on playing at Poker Stars. It appears to me to be a lose, lose, lose situation. I lose play at your site. You lose my patronage(as if me or my money will be missed lol). Poker Source and Poker Stars loses any further benefit from me and others in the same boat as me simply as a result of the loss of the Gift Card option of funding our accounts.

I do hope your Afilliate Manager and anyone else that can influence the return of the Poker Source Gift Card Funds Transfer option can see the value it provides to your patrons and your Afilliate.

Please have another look at your recent decision to discontinue the service. Can you not see the win, win, win?

Are all your other customers Funds Transfer options facing the same new policy as your Poker Source customers?

I'll look forward to your reply.
Thank you.
XXXXX
XXXX user name

ps. for all intents and purposes I, among other Poker Source patrons will be the big losers .... you, Poker Stars or Poker Source will not likely even notice my absence at Poker Stars never mind the meager input I have on your bottom line.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:15 pm 

Thanks for your support and contacting as a valued customer :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:51 pm 
PSO Platinum
PSO Platinum

[quote="sandym"]Thanks for your support and contacting as a valued customer :)[/quote]

Hi sandym

Not a problem .... wish there was more I could do, but I'm only one of 300,000 +
potential Poker Stars Gift Card purchasers .... at this point I won't hold my breath but I will hope
for the Gift card to return.

Thank you and the rest at Poker Source for your efforts.
David