It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:01 pm 
PSO Premium
PSO Premium

bouncer wrote:
tommy300 wrote:
Either that or I'm just an idiot? I'd lean towards the first however because excellent play, not great river cards got me from $70 to $450....

The only reason you'd be an idiot is for still playing at pacific after completing the requirements for the dvd promotion, there is another post in the bad beats section about pacific. You're not alone in getting bad beats. There are a lot of stupid players there that won't fold their hand, although in the long run you should have caught up and beat those chasers with the percentages, or maybe it is "juiced" ? But I guess when you're on a losing streak you want to blame it something. :?

You're right, poker is a long-term game, results in the short-term aren't supposed to matter as much because yes, in the long run you should be able to beat these people and make good $$$.

I was still ticked a little earlier, no one likes to catch a run of bad cards. But yes, my play there might be done after getting the DVD's. I could keep almost $200 profit plus the DVD's. Still worth doing the promotion, that's for sure!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:00 pm 
PSO Gold
PSO Gold

tommy300 wrote:
I could keep almost $200 profit plus the DVD's. Still worth doing the promotion, that's for sure!!!

Yeah, I was basically in the same situation, up a couple hundred and completed my hands requirement. I ended up with basically my deposit left after a little tilt session, but yeah I can't complain since I did get the dvd set and didn't lose anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:11 pm 
PSO Premium
PSO Premium

bouncer wrote:
tommy300 wrote:
I could keep almost $200 profit plus the DVD's. Still worth doing the promotion, that's for sure!!!

Yeah, I was basically in the same situation, up a couple hundred and completed my hands requirement. I ended up with basically my deposit left after a little tilt session, but yeah I can't complain since I did get the dvd set and didn't lose anything.

Not cashing out until I get the DVD's. I did finally get an e-mail from them. 745 raked hands.....cleared that by far.

At least after my tilt I'm still up. It seems like the game is beatable there though.....

Started the FFP at Royal right now (I know, supposed to be off today, I am from Pacific). Took advantage of the $10, plus 40% deposit bonus. Found a nice little $1/2 short-handed game to get used to the site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:03 am 
PSO User

I did the Pacific promotion and already received the DVD set. Went quite smoothly. I made out very well from the fish there. Actually kept playing for a while there after I got the DVD's. There are a lot of bad beats going on there, but I think it's like that at EVERY site. Just depends on which table you're at. Some tables have a lot of fish betting out of control, but others are pretty ripe.

Post subject: Re: Pacific Poker promo
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:26 pm 
PSO Elite
PSO Elite

mikewvp wrote:
Pacific doesn't seem to know (at least the customer support doesn't know) how many raked hands I have played,

Pacific's customer service doesn't know anything about the raked hands. If you want to find out how many you have, you have to send an email to: promotions@pacificpoker.com

I don't think you need to see the flop with them. By my count, I should have 300 raked hands, 50 more than needed to be safe but when I emailed Pacific Poker, they told me that I have over 450! But, to be on the safe side, I would recommend only counting hands that you see the flop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:10 pm 
PSO Poker God
PSO Poker God

oh man, I just signed up for this. Playing the Pacific software is torture! Reminds me of those old computer games with the cheezy sound and graphics!