It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: TGC Freerolls
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:21 am 
PSO Poker God
PSO Poker God

Since everyone is getting so many raked hands in TGC's hands I wanted to report that the freerolls that require 50 raked hands are VERY beatable.

The one I played in that started at midnight Central ($1000) had about 400 ppl in it (not a lot compared to the 3000 they get for the "true" freerolls) and some no shows actually finished in the money. They paid 80 places at only $3 but all you have to do is win one hand, post and fold and you can get that. I was in the money by the second hour.

I ended up finishing 5th. I had the chip lead at 150k chips but put a guy all in with my 88 and he hit with his AJ on the big blind. I could have probably tighted my way into 2nd place with a chance to win, but it was 3:30 AM already.

Anyway, that puts me ahead of my buy in at TGC with a good start on my points. 167, two ahead of Jury Duty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:55 am 
PSO Premium
PSO Premium

yeah, I think the Prima freerolls are a great asset. still, luck is needed. I have lost a lot of AA KK AK, etc to yahoos who go all in with rags suited and hit their flush!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:57 am 
PSO Poker God
PSO Poker God

Yeah I was in the top 5 in $ almost the whole game in one, but got greedy and stupid in the final 2 tables.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:16 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

My highest finish was 18th. It took a long time and lots of patience to get there. In the end I was just out drawn. But those freerolls are great for practice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:22 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I love TGC (and Prima) freerolls. I've never finished in the money, but they are good practice. The best I've done is 139 out of 3000 (9 out of the money...d'oh). My brother was 40th out of 3000 once.

I'm playing on Royal Vegas now and at some point might actually play enough at the .25/.50 soon to get into the smaller freerolls.

At least I got in the money at a $5 SnG last night - couldn't knock out the maniac who kept hitting his crap cards every time (example: he went all-in with 68s, I had K8o and called, since I was way ahead and could bust him and he had shown that he was a maniac - flop came 678 and I never hit my K).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:52 am 
PSO Poker God
PSO Poker God

I don't really go near the 3000 player freerolls. They're just plain silly.

The raked hand requirement is pretty steep. I could get 50 at Party in an hour, takes me hours and hours at TGC.

So when I get 50, I really want to take advantage of those raked hand freerolls. I played in 3, but only cashed the one so far. All you do is try to avoid getting sucked out. If you can last an hour, you're pretty much in the money.

I played one with 750 people in it, and 400 were gone in the first half hour. That's more than one table gone per minute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:22 am 
PSO Poker God
PSO Poker God

If anyone wants to read my thoughts about the TGC Promotion and my progress on it so far, they can read my poker blog at:

http://goberude.blogspot.com/

It's really just me rambling on and on about playing poker online and live games. There is some info on there that some folks might not know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:34 am 
PSO Poker God
PSO Poker God

Did anybody else get invited to that Rookie Freeroll on Thurs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

actyper wrote:
Did anybody else get invited to that Rookie Freeroll on Thurs?

I got the email, but it's too early. 3pm Pacific? I'm still at work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:16 pm 
PSO Poker God
PSO Poker God

Got the invite in email today. I was wondering when they were going to have this. Should be fun. $5k? I want me a piece of that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:44 pm 
PSO Premium
PSO Premium

I didn't get any rookie invite!!

that would have been nice..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:41 pm 
PSO Elite
PSO Elite

I got mine today too. But, like d-onion, it's too early for us west-coasters.

beastie, I think, to qualify, you had to have a certain amount of brps by a certain time or something like that. Hmmm, if I got it, you should have it too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:52 pm 
PSO Poker God
PSO Poker God

I got a message saying I would get invited as soon as I deposited cash. I don't think you even have to play. You just have to have deposited cash sometime within a certain period.

I'm really curious how many people will be in this thing. I guess if it is for all Prima sites, there will be a lot. I still think I have a good chance. But that's because I always enter every tourney thinking I'm going to win. I never thought that until I won one. Then I thought I had a chance. When I won two in a row, I started getting really cocky. Now I just assume I will win them all.

Just kidding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:42 pm 
PSO Gold
PSO Gold

DuggleBogey wrote:
I got a message saying I would get invited as soon as I deposited cash. I don't think you even have to play. You just have to have deposited cash sometime within a certain period.

I'm really curious how many people will be in this thing. I guess if it is for all Prima sites, there will be a lot. I still think I have a good chance. But that's because I always enter every tourney thinking I'm going to win. I never thought that until I won one. Then I thought I had a chance. When I won two in a row, I started getting really cocky. Now I just assume I will win them all.

Just kidding.

Nothing wrong with having confidence in your game. :D

I got an invite as well, it was in my bulk mail so you might want to check there if you didn't recieve one. Hopefully it doesn't get over 1000 players.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:06 pm 
PSO Elite
PSO Elite

I think this will be just as fun as the Party Poker or RV freerolls where there were a lot of PSO'ers.