It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Copag vs. KEM
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:56 am 
PSO Gold
PSO Gold

I read through the reviews and I came out of it with the impression that Copag cards were better?

Just wondering if anyone here has both sets and what they think about them. I know Copag are a better deal as they are less than half price but im more so concerned about the quality of the cards themselves rather than the better deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:09 pm 
PSO Elite
PSO Elite

I don't own Kem's, but here what I have to say.

I have the wide sized, jumbo index Copag's. They are excellent. Washable and such like Kem's.

The company is ISO certified, thus the possible flaws in a deck a severely limited. Kem's company is up in the air as it was sold. Getting a replacement Kem card could be tricky.

Copag's are half the price.

Copag has been in business longer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:35 pm 
PSO Gold
PSO Gold

i have both.. rather use my KEMs over COPAG. to most people, the difference is very marginal, so it really doesn't matter to them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:31 pm 
PSO Gold
PSO Gold

thanks guys seems to me that copag would be a better choice then.

Better company rep, hardly noticable difference in quality and they are cheaper. No sence spending more money on items that are similar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:33 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I definitely like them both a lot, but I think Copags are the better value if you are looking to only buy one or the other.

One thing I've heard people say is that the Copags are easier to shuffle. Not being a very good shuffler myself, I found this to be true - they are a little more flexible and a little less slick.

You really can't go wrong with either of them, but Copags are probably a better bang for your buck.

Last edited by dlk9s on Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:21 pm 
PSO Bronze
PSO Bronze

Some differences I noticed are:

-KEM arrows have a stickier surface (might be just my decks)
-Copags are smoother (might be just my decks)
-KEM smell acidic (might be just my decks)
-KEM have sharper corners
-Twin Copag Deck comes in a hard plastic case KEM comes in cardboard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:48 am 
PSO Gold
PSO Gold

I have some KEMs, and I love em' to an extent, but my wide-sized deck is now kind of bent for some reason, kind of deflating my expectations. One of you mentioned a replacement deck, the KEM company offers a lifetime warranty on the cards right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:32 am 
PSO Bronze
PSO Bronze

I dont think there is a warrant any more since KEM is out of business :?:

Post subject: Copags
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:01 pm 
PSO Gold
PSO Gold

I got my Copags yesterday and I like them better than Kems. I agree that they are easier to shuffle and not as slick. Haven't seen how much they slide across a smooth surface yet.

Post subject: Re: Copags
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:38 pm 
PSO Elite
PSO Elite

Orangeballer wrote:
I got my Copags yesterday and I like them better than Kems. I agree that they are easier to shuffle and not as slick. Haven't seen how much they slide across a smooth surface yet.

They slide nicely on my 8k table top, but on the kitchen table, they slide like greased lightening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:06 pm 
PSO Gold
PSO Gold

ive heard that different patterns of copags are different quality? such as the original pattern with copag on the back is the best and the 1546 are kind of slick? anyone know about this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:45 pm 
PSO Gold
PSO Gold

boostinki wrote:
ive heard that different patterns of copags are different quality? such as the original pattern with copag on the back is the best and the 1546 are kind of slick? anyone know about this?

I have all of the patterns offered in the store. They're all of the same great quality.

I had (a year ago?) a set of 'Exports' (small cross-hatch pattern) which came in normal single-card boxes (not the nice double-box set) which were of a different quality. Very slick, a bit more stiff. I don't think you'll find these around any more -- all of the Copags I've seen for some time are of the same high quality.

Seriously: get 'em. It's a no-brainer. They're great, the price is great. You'll love 'em.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:26 pm 
PSO User

After reading a few reviews, I was pretty set on picking up some Copag wide large index cards (still debating on the pattern..). However I came across Gemaco cards. The price differential between Gemaco and Copag is negligible so I was just wondering if anyone had experience with Gemaco cards and if so, what they're like. I think I've ruled out Kem since they command a price that seems to be somewhat unjustified by general consensus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:38 am 
PSO Gold
PSO Gold

i think copag are supposed to be better than gemaco but ive only tried copag and i was really really impressed, not much different from KEM, but i heard a lot of people say dal negro is the best plastic card you can get

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:13 am 
PSO Gold
PSO Gold

I had some Gemacos a while back. They may still be lying around somewhere. I got my use out of them, but they prolly will not last as long as KEM or Copag. I'm getting a set of Copag, so I will let you know what I think of them compared to the Gemacos.