It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: need some tips on MTT
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:28 am 
PSO Gold
PSO Gold

can some one give me some tips on how to get better at MMTs i can get in the top 100 and top50 and the best i have done was 23 this on UB at night with 2500 players and daytime 4500 >> top 200.
what i need to know the most is if someone has an ace bets high preflop and does not hit on the flop how would you get him to fold?????.
the only time i bet bet high is preflop with pokets AA and KK but every time i do they all fold if i slow play them i lose with them, any thing on that would be some help..

i have gotten some tips from the pros on tv "if you have pokets call if the bets is not to high" that has helped me get to 23 but now i am not getting pokets now as much.
i have been reading as much as i can, but some tips from ones that have done top 20 or better i could use some tips to help.

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:23 pm 
PSO Premium
PSO Premium

thought UB was rigged or w/e?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:06 pm 
PSO Poker God
PSO Poker God

JL514 wrote:

Please don't make this one of those topics. Any more unfounded claims of riggedness or cheating (especially in freerolls...) will result in temporary bans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:00 pm 
PSO Platinum
PSO Platinum

Kugr84 wrote:
JL514 wrote:

Please don't make this one of those topics. Any more unfounded claims of riggedness or cheating (especially in freerolls...) will result in temporary bans.

Did you hear how Jennifer Tilly checked behind her full house on the river to Patrick Antonius on Poker After Dark? Live poker is rigged - such collusion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:45 pm 
PSO Platinum
PSO Platinum

kidkvno1 wrote:
i have been reading as much as i can, but some tips from ones that have done top 20 or better i could use some tips to help.

thanks

Have you read the Harrington on Hold'em books? If not, do so.

As for getting them to fold, you can't "make" them. Some players just don't understand that folding is an option.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:51 am 
PSO Gold
PSO Gold

GoldBoar wrote:
kidkvno1 wrote:

thanks

Have you read the Harrington on Hold'em books? If not, do so.

As for getting them to fold, you can't "make" them. Some players just don't understand that folding is an option.

ok, I will see if i can get the book...
The only ones who do not seam to fold are the donks :lol: even after you slow play a hand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:26 am 
PSO Gold
PSO Gold

Kugr84 wrote:
JL514 wrote:

thanks Kugr84
And next time i post about someone cheating i will ask UB to give me what i need to show it, till then thanks for puting that post up since it was off topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 am 
PSO Gold
PSO Gold

kidkvno1 wrote:
Kugr84 wrote:
JL514 wrote:

thanks Kugr84
And next time i post about someone cheating i will ask UB to give me what i need to show it, till then thanks for puting that post up since it was off topic.

UMMM you might need proof? not to mention it be logically thought out that perhaps people arent stealing at a freeroll.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:55 am 
PSO Gold
PSO Gold

I would not to to sure of it or make smart a** remarks... You must be one that plays in the day time.
i will not get in to it as for what Kugr84 said, i am asking for tips.
i'am short stacked most of the game if not all of the game. as to one player saying being short stacked is not bad right??? if you short stacked you play and do not bluff your way thou MTTs right.

Yeah there have been the times i have had 50k in chips that got me to 23rd then one outer time 10k in chips got me to 41st.
I wait for my hands to come and know i should play that hand but don't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:29 pm 
PSO Gold
PSO Gold

I play day or night. What would that have to do with anything?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:38 pm 
PSO Gold
PSO Gold

it has a bit to do with it. thats all i am saying.
And when i asked ub if they could give some more info this is what they had to say. i told you.
Quote:
Dear xxxxxxx,

We are unable to give out that information.

Ultimate Bet takes reports of collusion very seriously. We will take the necessary measures after reviewing the hand histories in question.

Thank you for adhering to our policies, and assisting us in our efforts to make play a pleasurable experience for all.

Best Regards.

Now do you have tips or not Deucey15

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:56 am 
PSO Poker God
PSO Poker God

Phil Gordon's Little Green Book

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:49 pm 
PSO Gold
PSO Gold

thanks moneymate,
i will see if i can get it thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:47 pm 
PSO User

I would suggest reading "Killer Poker Online", and "Killer Poker Online 2", by John Vorhaus. I haven't started reading "Kill em All" yet, but I also suggest it because I have a few friends that swear by it. I would also suggest getting some type of software, it can help improve your game too. I like the holdem indicator, there are others out there, just check the site you are playing on. Also visit bluffmagazine poker database to get an idea of your play and the play of your opponents, and check out their tab poker tips too.

One last thought, Free Rolls are kind of hard to gauge your play. You will run into a lot of jokers there, since they are not investing money they will push with just about anything. Try a mid level game, that is not a rebuy.

Good Luck!

Post subject: Re: need some tips on MTT
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:16 pm 
PSO User

kidkvno1 wrote:
can some one give me some tips on how to get better at MMTs i can get in the top 100 and top50 and the best i have done was 23 this on UB at night with 2500 players and daytime 4500 >> top 200.
what i need to know the most is if someone has an ace bets high preflop and does not hit on the flop how would you get him to fold?????.
the only time i bet bet high is preflop with pokets AA and KK but every time i do they all fold if i slow play them i lose with them, any thing on that would be some help..

i have gotten some tips from the pros on tv "if you have pokets call if the bets is not to high" that has helped me get to 23 but now i am not getting pokets now as much.

thanks

It is hard to get the maniacs or donks to fold an A...the best thing I can recommend is push them post flop if you have hi pr or a draw wth 8+ outs. Prefolp always limp is best bet to let them show their strength - but switch it up after you have a bead on their playing style. Post flop make your bet at least pot when in position behind them. If you act before them post flop make your bet all in everytime you face them when your cards support it, otherwise check and call if you have a strong drawing hand - do not bluff. Once you take out one of them the table will respect you.
I would never slow play big pairs, it does not pay off in the long run. 3-4 times BB pre thn ovr top all in if you are re-raised. If you take down the pot pre flop with no calls you still have more chips.
Good luck! :twisted: