It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: AQs Early MTT CO facing re-raise PF
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:19 pm 
PSO Gold
PSO Gold

Hey guys,

I think its time, I start really thinking about these situations, I go through stages of folding these spots too often, then calling these spots too often! I need to get my ratio right! lol

Early stages of an MTT 1000+ Players, starting stack T20k, blinds 200/400 . 10 handed
Hero (CO) ~ T26k - AsQs
Villain (MP) ~ T60k (Very active so far)
3 folds, Villain Raises to 1200, 2 folds, I re-raise to 2750, all folds to villain who re-pops it for an extra 6700 on top. Hero?
Pot = 13200

Now, I'm thinking fold???? (Mistake? yea, no?)
BUT...

The last 2 hands, I have been involved with the same player heads-up and taken the pot on the turn & flop without showing (I did have legitimate hands).

We are only about 20 hands in and I have played 3 (This one and the two previous)
So, I'm pretty sure a raise is a bit silly, question is, do I call with position and 2 to 1 against this guy who's range is probably wider than it normally would be? Or fold?

Thanks guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:08 pm 
PSO User

Under the assumption that there are 5 hands that you would be behind in preflop I would push all-in. Reasons, sounds like this guy is bullying table early in trny while others are playing tight. Yea, I don't like to get all in early in trny preflop, but this guy is going to push until it costs him and hopefully your hand makes him pay. If he folds, it will help you get a better read on him. If he calls with a monster, my advise suks. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:59 pm 
PSO User

I agree with SWVBulldog.
Especially since he has been very active, I would think your chances of going allin with AQ are alright. If the player was playing a bit more tight/passive then I would be a bit more worried about him holding AA,KK,or AK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:59 am 
PSO User

Sounds more like someone who wants to be the bully. If you have a good feeling push all-in and see how he reacts.

Post subject: Re: AQs Early MTT CO facing re-raise PF
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:00 pm 
PSO Premium
PSO Premium

PokeHer wrote:
Hey guys,

I think its time, I start really thinking about these situations, I go through stages of folding these spots too often, then calling these spots too often! I need to get my ratio right! lol

Early stages of an MTT 1000+ Players, starting stack T20k, blinds 200/400 . 10 handed
Hero (CO) ~ T26k - AsQs
Villain (MP) ~ T60k (Very active so far)
3 folds, Villain Raises to 1200, 2 folds, I re-raise to 2750, all folds to villain who re-pops it for an extra 6700 on top. Hero?
Pot = 13200

Now, I'm thinking fold???? (Mistake? yea, no?)
BUT...

The last 2 hands, I have been involved with the same player heads-up and taken the pot on the turn & flop without showing (I did have legitimate hands).

We are only about 20 hands in and I have played 3 (This one and the two previous)
So, I'm pretty sure a raise is a bit silly, question is, do I call with position and 2 to 1 against this guy who's range is probably wider than it normally would be? Or fold?

Thanks guys

As played, fold it.

AQs is not worth 5-bet shoving this early (no antes even), and you certainly cant flat call. Folding leaves you with ~ 24K, a very manageable stack.

Because of this (that you have to fold to a 4-bet here), early in an mtt, when raised into by an aggro villain, its probably better to flat call with AQ and see a flop in position. If you do 3-bet, you need to know ahead of time what you plan to do if he 4-bets or shoves.

Whenever you make any bet, before you bet, the first question you need to ask yourself is what will i do if i am re-raised? Answering this question will often help you decide if a bet is right in a spot, and if a shove might be better.

Having said all that, I believe your aggro villain probably had a big hand in this spot. You either had a race (with good pot odds), or you were dominated. I dont see AJ, AT, A9 or KJ in his range, maybe KQs, but doubtful)

:arrow: H