It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Losing a few hands "on purpose"
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:03 pm 
PSO User

today was playing and doubled up twice on aq and kk... after that.. couldn't get many callers if i bet... found a few people at the table with very low bank roll... decided when timing was right i would push them all in after the flop with just a medium pair.. over the next half hour i was able to extract the pairs and push them all in. losing both times.. i did this on purpose just trying to test a theory out.. it worked at this table.. the people thought i had loosened up once i had a nice size roll at the table and they were willing to bet their high cards with lower kickers on me. most anyone... i alsmost always only play the top 12 hands in poker... this ended up working to my advantage as i extracted a good amount of money from them when i went back to normal play.... question is, is this a high percentage theory. or in reality should i just be playing the hand im dealt and the people.. not trying to play with their heads...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:21 pm 
PSO Poker God
PSO Poker God

It works both ways. If you can't get any action because you're showing nothing but big hands, start taking advantage by loosening up. If you're getting played back at because people think you're bluffing, tighten up and play only strong hands.

As long as you play the opposite of your image, you're probably making money.