It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: which poker site is the best and why? random question also
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:48 pm 
PSO User

hi i am a new poker player being playing for 6 months but need help choosing a poker site, been playing on party poker i like the site but, something doesnt quite seem right. also is there some kind of pattern i need to look out for on the rng system, as i seem to have a good run of cards ... making ok money, then a bad run of cards and i just stay tight, then i good run of cards good flops, turn n river but ends up in a bad beat which takes me back to square 1, woud appreciate some advice thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:17 pm 
PSO User

Full Tilt Poker
Also I'm playing MTT on Absolute Poker...and had some big wins there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:21 am 
PSO User

My preferred site is still PokerStars, with Full Tilt being a close second. For some reason, Full Tilt tends to lag on me sometimes, which gets VERY frustrating - but that could very well be an issue on my end.

Full Tilt does have more straight up cash freerolls than PokerStars, but you HAVE to be watching RIGHT at the time registration opens, because those 2700 seats fill in a matter of seconds - that is if freerolls are something you're looking for. If you are, just be prepared for massive donkey play, and know that you're going to have to get extremely lucky to get into the top 1% (which is all that cashes).

I like PokerStars SnGs and MTTs better than Full Tilt - cash games are about the same for me.

Anyway, that's just my two cents. I'll be playing Absolute Poker here fairly soon because of my free money promo I took here on Poker Source - I'll give you a review of that after I've played it for a couple weeks.

Good luck!

Post subject: Re: which poker site is the best and why? random question also
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:17 pm 
PSO User

Listen to me and do not register with either FT or Stars. You'll eventually do that hopefully but not right now when you're still a beginner. Those sites are not for starters. Also, do some free trials on various sites and choose which is comfortable for you. And never forget about the rakeback. If you are going to sign on with a site make sure that you get a good rakeback deal. Hope this helps.