It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Build A Bankroll Document Posted
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, it’s a long time in the making, but we are happy to post our how to build a bankroll document:

http://www.pokersourceonline.com/build-bankroll.asp

This document takes into account the beginning poker player and is a great way to build a bankroll from literally $0 to almost $1,600. If you already have started in the online poker world, then you can skip the first sections on Neteller, Instant Bankroll, etc.

This document is a long read, but if you follow all the advise step by step there is no reason you cannot come away with a bankroll of over $1,000!

Let us know what you think and good luck at the tables!

Last edited by MIKEJ on Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Good Guide
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:56 am 
PSO Bronze
PSO Bronze

Nice job Mike.

A small comment - on the news summary on the top page, this news item replaced the item from 4/30, instead of moving it down the list. Was that intentional?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:50 am 
PSO Silver
PSO Silver

GREAT article. It beats having to search the forums to get an idea about any site and will really prepare any level of player for what they are walking into.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:28 pm 
PSO Premium
PSO Premium

Nice article. Should put in the 888 promo another great way to build a bankroll quickly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:02 am 
PSO Platinum
PSO Platinum

The article is misleading a bit. Sun Poker is a bad #2 choice, the raked hand requirements make it a 20x bonus (IIRC) or maybe it is worse. I think this should be pushed down the list, and UB pushed up. I would make it clear that PokerShare does not offer much for limit games (like 0 during the week) and that the clearing rate is retarded if you are playing below 1/2 NL due to the no points for .05-.20 rake. The raking at a nickel is brutal enough for the low stakes player, add in the 500-1000 online at a time, and the no points for small rake amounts and you are paying about 2 to 3 times in rake compared to the bonuses.

Other than that I think the article is pretty good. :)

Clearing the monthly crypto via poker is weird unless you always play there anyway, the BJ and Pontoon bonuses are too easy to avoid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:30 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

CrashPat wrote:
The article is misleading a bit. Sun Poker is a bad #2 choice, the raked hand requirements make it a 20x bonus (IIRC) or maybe it is worse. I think this should be pushed down the list, and UB pushed up.

The article explains why Sun Poker was placed where it was and does say that it will not be fast to clear.

Quote:
I would make it clear that PokerShare does not offer much for limit games (like 0 during the week) and that the clearing rate is retarded if you are playing below 1/2 NL due to the no points for .05-.20 rake. The raking at a nickel is brutal enough for the low stakes player, add in the 500-1000 online at a time, and the no points for small rake amounts and you are paying about 2 to 3 times in rake compared to the bonuses.

This is also stated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:24 pm 
PSO Extreme
PSO Extreme

just curious as to what PSO's affiliates (the poker sites) would feel about something like this.
If i was a poker site representative, I would probably not be too happy about my affiliate (PSO) telling their customers how to bonus chase and play the minimum, etc. The whole point as a partner of PSO is to get people to try out their poker rooms and stay there if they like it. This document essentially tells people to play the minimum amount and move on to the next room. Even though, implicitly, people probably do that, as a poker site, i wouldnt be too crazy about my affiliate spelling out just that.

Furthermore, if i was absolute or the poker sites near the bottom of the list, i would be upset that they are on the bottom of the list.

Just curious what the backlash (if any) would be from the different poker sites. At the very least, it would probably lead to more difficult requirements.
just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:46 pm 
PSO Gold
PSO Gold

sehoon435 wrote:
Furthermore, if i was absolute or the poker sites near the bottom of the list, i would be upset that they are on the bottom of the list.

That'd be great for them: Once you know that you can be a sucessful player, come to our site and play here when you play at higher limits, that way we make more rake from you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:35 pm 
PSO Silver
PSO Silver

This was a great article. I emailed it to a few of my friends who I am tring to get interested in online Poker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

TooBullets wrote:
This was a great article. I emailed it to a few of my friends who I am tring to get interested in online Poker.

Good to hear. Glad you enjoyed it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:43 pm 
PSO Platinum
PSO Platinum

I like the article too but I have to agree with Crashpat about Sun Poker. I know you guys stated it's difficult to clear at low stakes, but many noobs may just go down the list in order and for bankroll building it should be way down near the bottom of the list. It's effectively a 20x bonus and it'll take twice as long to clear if you're playing low stakes. I wouldn't play there at all if I wasn't playing for $20+ pots. The Paradise and Bodog promos are MUCH better for low stakes players starting out.

I think you should mention the rakeback too because the bonus + rakeback is where Sun gets its value. Also, the monthly reload was recently increased to $100.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:29 pm 
PSO Gold
PSO Gold

Nice article, thanks for that :) I will also give this a try soon. However, perhaps you should adjust the remark about the PartyPoker offer:
Quote:
Third, this promotion is only open to customers from the United States and Canada

This seems to be outdated, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

chemort wrote:
Nice article, thanks for that :) I will also give this a try soon. However, perhaps you should adjust the remark about the PartyPoker offer:
Quote:
Third, this promotion is only open to customers from the United States and Canada

This seems to be outdated, right?

Yes, a lot of it has become outdated quickly with all of the changes in the online poker industry. We'll work on getting it fixed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:42 pm 
PSO User

Hi,

can i get this article also?
Cause there comes a error when i would open it.

sincerly

Post subject: Re: Build A Bankroll Document Posted
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:21 am 
PSO Platinum
PSO Platinum

MIKEJ wrote:
Well, it’s a long time in the making, but we are happy to post our how to build a bankroll document:

http://www.pokersourceonline.com/build-bankroll.asp

This document takes into account the beginning poker player and is a great way to build a bankroll from literally $0 to almost $1,600. If you already have started in the online poker world, then you can skip the first sections on Neteller, Instant Bankroll, etc.

This document is a long read, but if you follow all the advise step by step there is no reason you cannot come away with a bankroll of over $1,000!

Let us know what you think and good luck at the tables!

I'd like to see this .... this link is broken .... new link please.
Thank you
David