It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: AK close to money in Daily Double B
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:28 pm 
PSO Platinum
PSO Platinum

First guy to bet has been pretty loose, next guy is average, not too lose, not too tight.

67 from money and about 150 in Daily Double A. I'm somewhat short, I'm not thirilled the way I played it but not sure if I have any other choice.

Please critique. ty

Full Tilt Poker Game #3759506335: Daily Double - B (28142356), Table 7 - 150/300 Ante 25 - No Limit Hold'em - 23:09:19 ET - 2007/10/04
Seat 1: Shrewd Crude (22,671)
Seat 2: mikebrand (5,935)
Seat 3: wastrel333 (9,605)
Seat 4: DrBtings (16,165)
Seat 5: Crook27 (6,348)
Seat 6: D SANDT 1 (5,845)
Seat 7: rummie9 (4,420)
Seat 8: Veghed (5,425)
Seat 9: fasthorses (1,730)
Shrewd Crude antes 25
mikebrand antes 25
wastrel333 antes 25
DrBtings antes 25
Crook27 antes 25
D SANDT 1 antes 25
rummie9 antes 25
Veghed antes 25
fasthorses antes 25
fasthorses posts the small blind of 150
Shrewd Crude posts the big blind of 300
The button is in seat #8
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Veghed [Kh Ad]
mikebrand folds
wastrel333 raises to 1,000
DrBtings folds
Crook27 folds
D SANDT 1 folds
rummie9 raises to 4,395, and is all in
Veghed raises to 5,400, and is all in
fasthorses folds
Shrewd Crude folds
wastrel333 has 15 seconds left to act
wastrel333 calls 4,400
Veghed shows [Kh Ad]
wastrel333 shows [Ac Kc]
rummie9 shows [Qs Qc]
*** FLOP *** [2c 7c 9s]
*** TURN *** [2c 7c 9s] [8h]
*** RIVER *** [2c 7c 9s 8h] [9c]
Veghed shows a pair of Nines
wastrel333 shows a flush, Ace high
wastrel333 wins the side pot (2,010) with a flush, Ace high
rummie9 shows two pair, Queens and Nines
wastrel333 wins the main pot (13,860) with a flush, Ace high

EDIT: OK now that I just posted it and read it again I'm an idiot for not folding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:01 am 
PSO Extreme
PSO Extreme

I'm confused as to what the situation is. Is this a satellite for an entry into a larger tournament and if so how many are left and how many get a seat?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:10 am 
PSO Premium
PSO Premium

Full tilt runs two tournaments at the same time, both $10+$2s. Well one starts at 9pm and one starts at 9:01pm

They are called daily double a and daily double b respectively. The reason they take an extra dollar on the fee is because it goes into a pool.
Anyone who cashes in both tournaments gets a bonus from that pool. Anyone who final tables both gets a bigger bonus. If you win both you get a huge bonus. They also give money for the person who double cashes with the two highest finishes etc.

Here's a link if you want to get the details for yourself:
http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/promotions ... inners.php

I don't think I dislike your play at all veg. The 3x raise doesn't have to mean anything, and the push all in could be a steal attempt from a short stack.

Of course it could mean AA and KK, but realistically, you have to think you're going to be at least a coinflip most of the time, and in some cases you'll be a huge favorite dominating AQ, or something along those lines.

It sucks that your cards were shared, and your outs were reduced, but you know you needed to chip up or you were going home. I'm pretty sure I make the same play

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:31 am 
PSO Elite
PSO Elite

I don't like it...The original raiser opens for a standard raise which doesn't mean much. But then the guy ahead of you pushes over top of the opening raise and you are the next person to act. If you push the original raiser is getting great odds on his money with any pocket pair/AK, and will lay down AQ. So lets look at what we can beat...not much that would 3 bet the original raiser (we might tie with AK and we might be ahead of the odd AQ.) So we are calling to win a coin flip and we have the original raiser left who will only call if he has us beat/coin flip situation.

This is a bad spot, if you were last to act and two guys were all in and had you covered would you still call? hoping you dodge a lot of bullets?

I reluctantly would of had to fold here. I love finding reasons so fold and there was enough action that it makes the decision even easier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:02 pm 
PSO Poker God
PSO Poker God

You're still pretty healthy in chips here, I'd fold to a raise and reraise, position doesn't even really matter here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:21 pm 
PSO Elite
PSO Elite

Kugr84 wrote:
You're still pretty healthy in chips here, I'd fold to a raise and reraise, position doesn't even really matter here.

Why do you always agree with me? :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:40 pm 
PSO Platinum
PSO Platinum

RR and Kugr both gave the reasons why after rereading the hh my push was crap.

This tourney was full of donkeys and I had more than enough chips to wait for a better spot. Normally I would say I'm way better than most of the people in this tourney, but this time it was me who was the donkey.

But yeah, my push is all donkey on this hand when at least 50% of the time I am up against AA or KK. Bad play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:36 am 
PSO Extreme
PSO Extreme

Reads and ranges come in handy here, but without them I don't mind the play so much. You have less than 20 big blinds. I don't mind flipping to get a big stack here and control the table.

The times you wind up against AA and KK is made up for by the times the second player shows up with AQ and the first folds 99, and the times they both call with a pair of queens or worse. It would be interesting to do a range calculation but I wouldn't be surprised if you have 50-55% of it here, with quite a bit of dead money in there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:38 am 
PSO Premium
PSO Premium

thanks murf :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:00 pm 
PSO Extreme
PSO Extreme

JL514 wrote:
thanks murf :D

Great minds think alike :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:05 pm 
PSO User

Kugr84 wrote:

hes average chips with a chanse to triple up, and he got AK id easily do the same as he did, im more of the kind of player who like to have a stack to play with instead of sitting and waiting for good cards like AK for excample just to fold them after. sure ak is just A high but wih an initial raiser and a all in who could be any high ace (wich AK would dominate) he should definitly imo push it all in here. if the 3rd guy got aj or aq or something like that he easily fold and this tourney wasnt really expensive meaning people may play looser then in a more expensive tournament, lets say initial raiser maybe had pocket pair below kings and the pusher all in guy had QQ or even KK and he now got AK and he got reason the 3d guy gonna play as long he dont think 2nd pusher got KK id cal it.

if he faces pocket pairs hes getting good odds here one third of the time an ace will fall (2%*the 3 ramaining aces*5) and if they dont got kk or aa he also can most likely hit a king and win or add a couple of % for a straight posibility altho if the others is put on high pairs that chanse gets a tad bit lowered.

shortly aim for the skies or go out with a boom. dont get blinded down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:13 am 
PSO User

Looks fine to me.

I'm not folding AK here with < 20 BB, unless opponent who 3 bet is super nitty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:37 pm 
PSO Premium
PSO Premium

murf72 wrote:
Reads and ranges come in handy here, but without them I don't mind the play so much. You have less than 20 big blinds. I don't mind flipping to get a big stack here and control the table.

The times you wind up against AA and KK is made up for by the times the second player shows up with AQ and the first folds 99, and the times they both call with a pair of queens or worse. It would be interesting to do a range calculation but I wouldn't be surprised if you have 50-55% of it here, with quite a bit of dead money in there.

+1