It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Review: CARBON poker
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:35 am 
PSO User

Hi,

so about a month ago I signed up at Carbon Poker through PSO. I completed all the requirements and already received my free gift being 12000 PSO points. With these points I ordered 120$ on Absolute, which I have already received. So PSO has done a great job imo :)

Now about Carbon, this is a whole different story. The site is really fishy and the software is decent, especially handy to multitable.

BUT

I have been waiting for 9 (!) days now for my withdrawal to my Moneybookers account. While at their site it says "All withdrawals will generally be processed within 72 hours. "
I have contacted their support several times now, but all I've gotten was some vague answers and that I should have some more patience ...

This has been very frustrating to me and I feel like I'm getting ripped off and that Carbon Poker is a shady, not trustworthy business. I feel like PSO doesn't wants to be linked to this kind of business.

I would very much appreciate if PSO would look into this. Maybe a leading affiliate would get more into detail answers.

BTW my carbon poker username is DePosse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello DePosse,

Happy Holidays. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with one of our partner rooms. I just sent an email to our carbon poker affiliate manager but due to the Holidays I am not sure if we will get a reply soon. But as soon as I do I will let you know what is going on. Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:31 pm 
PSO User

ok, thx, let's wait and see

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:00 am 
PSO User

Ok, I finally received the funds today :)

Thanks to you too nel4nath :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:02 am 
PSO User

screenshot of my free pso gift:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:16 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello DePosse,

I am glad to see your issue was taken care. We have good business relations with all of our poker room affiliate managers. It seems like your withdrawal was affected by a minor misunderstanding involving the maximum amount of cash you can with the withdraw with the processing option you used and also because of the Holidays.

As a side note our Carbon Poker affiliate manager sent you an email apologizing and explaining the situation to you. I would like to wish you Happy Holidays. Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:04 pm 
PSO User

Hi DePosse (and the rest of the PSO community!),

My name is Tom Hill and I am an affiliate manager with Carbon Poker. I am here to offer whatever support I can to PSO players and make sure that they are getting the most out of their experience with us at Carbon. We are proud of our software and the experience that players have playing with us, so I am always eager to resolve any concerns that may come up.

As nel4nath points out, the issue was a product of certain limits which are standard for our moneybookers withdrawals. To protect players from laundering and fraud we do not allow withdrawals over a certain limit to process without being reviewed by a Carbon staff member, as it eventually was. That said, the time frame was longer than our normal response time, and for this we sincerely apologize. With the increased activity around the holidays combined with our staff taking some holidays of our own, those times have unfortunately gotten longer than we would have hoped. I appreciate your patience DePosse, and I'm glad to hear your received the payment.

In general, if any other players are having any problems with Carbon, please do feel free to get in touch with me at tom [at] pdcaffiliates [dot] com. I may not always be able to work around security or payment issues, but I can at least ensure that they are being processed by the correct people and that we have all the information we need to reduce any wait times. Again, I'm here to help, so don't hesitate to be in touch!

With all that said, happy New Year everyone! I look forward to maintaining a great relationship with PSO in 2010.

Cheers,

Tom Hill
Affiliate Manager
CarbonPoker