It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Absolute Poker & UB.com $2,500 Freerolls January 8th & 9th
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:31 am 

PokerSource is very excited to announce our joint Room of the Month $2,500 freerolls in January! PokerSource customers are welcome to participate in both or just one event by completing the requirements below.

Where: Absolute Poker
Event: $2,500 freeoll
When: Saturday, January 8th, 2011 at 3pm ET
How to qualify: Open to all new PokerSource players who set up their Absolute Poker account in the month of December, make a deposit and earn 500 AP Points. Also, existing PokerSource players who are linked to us and have earned 100 AP Points during the month of December.

Where: UB.com
Event: $2,500 freeoll
When: Sunday, January 9th, 2011 at 3pm ET
How to qualify: Open to all new PokerSource players who set up their UB.com account in the month of December, make a deposit and earn 500 UB Points. Also, existing PokerSource players who are linked to us and have earned 100 UB Points during the month of December.

Players will not be able to register until after the qualified player lists have been loaded for each event, which will not be until after the qualification period ends.

For further details please visit our Freeroll page.

Please post in this thread with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Good Luck!

Post subject: Re: Absolute Poker & UB.com $2,500 Freerolls January 8th & 9th
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:42 pm 
PSO User

Hi, i need to know if the APpointes awared at powerhour are valid to qualify for the freeroll
Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:36 am 
PSO Bronze
PSO Bronze

You need 100 FAME points, not AP points.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:42 pm 
PSO User

Hello,
i did not find the tourney in the ub lobby!
Anyone can tell me where it is.
I could register with my points but i cant find it.
No pso tourney in the tourney lobby :(.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:18 pm 

Absolute Poker tournament is now listed with name "PokerSource Freeroll" and the tournament ID: 5929347.
UB tournament is now listed with name "PokerSource Freeroll" and the tournament ID: 5929350.

Qualified players will be issued tickets later this week and will be notified via email.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:37 pm 

AP/UB Points are required to participate in this event.

Status points are the FAME / RAISE points and they are not AP / UB points. The difference is basically: Status points convert bonus dollars to cash and of course, the FAME and RAISE programs. AP and UB points are for store purchases, Tourney buy-ins, etc.

They are both earned simultaneously but on Power Hour the only points this works for is the AP /UB points.

To learn more please visit:
Raise
Fame

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:23 am 
PSO Bronze
PSO Bronze

Are you sure you willl be able to provide us access to the tournaments in time? The Absolute free-roll is two days away, and I still can't register nor have I received any emails about eligibility. I assume everyone else has the same issue as there are 0 players registered for the tourney.

I guess I'm a bit worried since if there are any issues it will be hard to deal with them in time since tomorrow is already Friday and I'm not sure how quickly support answers on weekends.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:38 pm 
PSO Bronze
PSO Bronze

I came here to post exactly what IHaveNoOuts has posted. No ticket yet, not able to reg.

FAYBIO on AP.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:35 am 

Absolute / UB generated the player list based on the incorrect player points (they generated the list using status points).
They are suppose to get that corrected ASAP and get the player list loaded so you all can register - hopefully by the end of today.

We apologize for the delay.

Update: I just spoke with the affiliate manager and if no players will be excluded by using the status points will we opt for those requirements.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:39 am 
PSO Platinum
PSO Platinum

sandym wrote:
Absolute / UB generated the player list based on the incorrect player points (they generated the list using status points).
They are suppose to get that corrected ASAP and get the player list loaded so you all can register - hopefully by the end of today.

Update: I just spoke with the affiliate manager and if no players will be excluded by using the status points will we opt for those requirements.

Hi.
sandym thank you for updating us on the latest mal service from UB/AP.

Requirements are requirements. What did they not understand ??????? I am not the least bit surprised at UB/AP screwing these freerolls up.

After past UB/AP Freeroll debaucles I figured by now that UB/AP might have learned to take the time to understand their function in relation to these Freeroll Promotions and perform it to a higher quality standard than in the past or at least accurately by now.

Good luck sandym. Sorry to see your saddled with a problem that never needed to occur. If only UB/AP promotions affiliate could provide accurate quality service in relation to the new PS never mind the messed up past PSO freeroll promotions. I guess UB/AP hasn't learned anything from their past bad service let alone how to correct it or prevent it from recurring or re-occuring. Looking forward to seeing if AP/UB can actually provide the service glitch free from this point, but I doubt it.

Thank's sandym, good luck.
David

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:10 pm 
PSO User

sandym wrote:

I most certainly object to using the fame status points, as that would exclude me from playing. The requirements clearly stated that you needed 100 AP points in the month of December if you had an existing account, so that's what I did. I did not get 100 FAME points, because that wasn't the requirement.

I would be very angry if I was excluded from this tournament because of an AP error. I barely play there as it is because of previous issues with their service, but this would tilt me to no end.

(BTW, my account is normally BrendanEff memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=129354 , but I could not seem to reset the password and wanted to get a voice in this thread before its too late. BrendanEff on pokersource, SEC315ROW18 on AP. I will revert to my normal forum account as soon as I can. Also, if you can reset my forum password for me on my normal account, I would much appreciate it!)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:05 pm 
PSO User

Hi, is there any news regarding the freerolls? Will they be cancelled or postponed?
Regards.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:02 pm 

The correct qualified player lists have been received based on AP / UB points and will be loaded before the events. I'm trying to get an ETA on when players will be pre-registered to send out email notifications to all qualified players.

Best of Luck.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:42 pm 
PSO Platinum
PSO Platinum

sandym wrote:
The correct qualified player lists have been received based on AP / UB points and will be loaded before the events. I'm trying to get an ETA on when players will be pre-registered to send out email notifications to all qualified players.

Best of Luck.

Hi
As of now I'm registered.
Thank you.
David

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:27 pm 

:dance: Glad you were able to finally register.