It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Somehow I got this guy mad and I didn't even take his money
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:07 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

So I'm on Bodog today at a .5/1 table, initially shorthanded. To protect the guilty, I'll call the players Rod and Phil.

I loosen up my starting requirements a bit since we're short handed (started with about 4, about 6-handed at this point) and raise a little more than usual. Not succeeding. I've dropped, oh, $5 or $6 of my $20 stack.

I get KsTs in the SB and, since I was not doing that great, I decided to play conservatively, slow down, and just call, as nobody raised. Rod and a couple other guys were in the hand, don't remember if Phil was.

Flop was all small cards, something like 234 with one spade. I decide to bet, since my K could be good in a short-handed game. Nobody raises, Rod is still in, along with another player or two. Turn was the 4s. Ok, now the board is paired, but my hunch is that nobody has a boat or straight - probably three-of-a-kind at best. And since I now have the K-high flush draw, I stay in the hand, since there is no raising. Hit my flush on the river, and raise Rod's bet. I win the hand.

As the next hand was being dealt, Rod says something like, "Un-f'ing-believable". Phil agrees. Keep in mind, I have no idea what either had.

Either the next hand or the hand after, I have JQo (in what is to follow, I don't know if the raising, etc., is totally accurate, but it should give you an idea of the action). Seeing as my conservative play just worked, I just called PF. Flopped the nut-straight, AKT. I bet, Rod raised, I called. Turn was a blank. Rod bet, I raised, he called. River was another blank, no flush - I have the nuts. Rod puts his last dollar in, I call and take down the pot.

Now I'm up to $35. Rod says something again and Phil gives an LOL.

As the next hands went on, they started talking about all the fish at Bodog, etc. I was sort of nodding to myself, as I've seen it all before. Then they mention something about "he didn't do a hit and run" and thought they might be talking about me. So, I asked. Phil then started laying into me, saying how I was a fish and BS like that. It was the weirdest thing I've ever seen. I recounted the two hands to him, requesting that if he thinks it's so bad, that he should lay down his nut-straight next time, and of course he just kept being a dick. Unfortunately, I accidentally referred to the hand as the nut flush, and Rod called me on it. I corrected myself and Phil just kept going off on me.

And I didn't even take Phil's money. The table filled up, I stopped getting any good cards, so I didn't play anything but the blinds for a couple orbits and Phil decided to rail on me for that. One funny hand had me in the BB and Phil raised. I folded, as all I had was 29o. Eventually, Phil won the hand with JJ, but I actually would've won the hand with a straight if I stayed in. I wish I did - that would've made his head explode.

Eventually, Phil left , Rod sat-out, I dropped a couple bucks, and called it a day.

It was just really, really, strange. I can understand getting annoyed when someone plays fishy, but yelling at me for playing KsTs and JQo? Bizarre.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:16 am 
PSO Extreme
PSO Extreme

The Brits think they're perfect, and that their s* don't stink.
I had a couple of them laying into me today on TGC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:56 pm 
PSO Ultimate
PSO Ultimate

People love to whine, cry, and yell at other players. Guess it helps them feel better while they lose all their money. All just a part of the game. Just ask Phil Helmuth. :P Lol. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Madison wrote:
People love to whine, cry, and yell at other players. Guess it helps them feel better while they lose all their money. All just a part of the game. Just ask Phil Helmuth. :P Lol. :lol:

I've been quite tempted to talk a little trash when someone plays stupidly to beat me, but I bite my tongue and just give my monitor the finger. :D

I still can't get over how strange my whole encounter was when I didn't even play like a maniac.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:31 pm 
PSO Ultimate
PSO Ultimate

dlk9s wrote:
I've been quite tempted to talk a little trash when someone plays stupidly to beat me, but I bite my tongue and just give my monitor the finger. :D

Nice to know I'm not the only one who's given the finger to his computer a few times. Lol. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Madison wrote:
dlk9s wrote:

Nice to know I'm not the only one who's given the finger to his computer a few times. Lol. :lol:

Yeah...my laptop saw the bird several times yesterday. I had almost dug myself out of my -$50 hole at Bodog when I went ahead and lost almost $20 playing heads-up/three-handed Omaha H/L. That was a mistake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:16 pm 
PSO Platinum
PSO Platinum

I hear the same stuff at TGC at stud. One guy was so mad cause I hit a full house at the end to beat his flush, but who's going to fold two pair off the first four cards? I don't just play the cards, I play the odds and the draws. He was calling me a fish, etc ... so I just replied "I'm swimming with your money, thanks."

It was great cause I got him on tilt and he was calling my raises when he couldn't even beat the cards on the board. :D
I ended up taking the majority of his bankroll.