Mizrachi was born in January 5, 1981 in North Miami Beach, Florida. He and his three siblings: fraternal twin Eric, older brother Robert, and younger brother Daniel, all grew up playing poker, and both Eric and Robert have had success in their own rights at the game (Daniel is a professional magician).
It is Michael, however, who has become the big star. After grinding it out (appropriately) in cash games online, he broke into the spotlight in a big way in 2005. In January of that year, he placed fifth at the WPT World Poker Open. The very next month, he improved his standing and won the WPT L.A. Poker Classic, raking in almost $1.9 million. Then, in April, he placed eleventh at the WPT Championship. To top it off, he tied the WSOP record for most cashes in one Series that year with seven.
Growing up, Michael wanted to become a doctor but dropped out of college to become a poker professional.
In the WPT's fourth season he finished 2nd to Scotty Nguyen in the Gold Strike World Poker Open. In the next event, he defeated a final table including Erick Lindgren and John D'Agsotino to win almost $2 million and a 2006 Cadillac Escalade.
He has since gone on to be one of the most formidable tournament players in the world. Mizrachi’s lifetime tournament winnings exceed $5.7 million. In 2006, he signed on to be a resident pro at online poker room, Absolute Poker.
Michael Mizrachi Fun Facts and Finishes
- In 2006, captured the Cardplayer Magazine Player of the Year award. He made 10 final tables, won seven tournaments, and cashed 31 times for $2,356,970 in tournament winnings.
- In 2006, won the World Poker Tour Borgata Winter Open, No-Limit Hold'em Championship.
- In 2006, finished 2nd in the World Poker Tour Gold Strike World Poker Open, No Limit. Hold'em Championship.
- In 2005, won the World Poker Tour L.A. Poker Classic, No Limit Hold'em Championship.
- In 2005, won the Ultimate Poker Challenge $3,000 No-Limit Hold'em.
- In 2005, won the Mirage Poker Showdown $15,000 No-Limit Hold'em Heads Up Championship.
- In 2004, won the Five Diamond World Poker Classic. He also has a fraternal twin brother, Eric.
- Mizrachi speaks hebrew fluently.