It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Best finish in live tourney
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:28 pm 
Offline
PSO Platinum
PSO Platinum

Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:33 am
Posts: 377
Hey dudes and dudettes,

Just got back for the casino after my best finish in a live tourney. I finished 3rd out of 66 in the $25 eb tourney at Boulevard casino in Coquitlam. Good for $192. Not bad since my goal was to make the final table after the first 2 times I played in this tourney I finished in 11th and 12th.

3 hands of note;

With 7 players left, top 5 get paid I am in the sb with 69 os, bb has less than the min raise after posting and utg +1 limps in. Everyone folds to me, and I know he is going all in so I just call to avoid a side pot with a bad hand. Just before I call though, utg+1 is saying you can't raise, you can't raise.

BB goes all in and we both call. flop has K xx I look at him and check loudly and he bets twice min bet. I look at him and say, after you told me I couldn't raise pre flop you bet? I had 2 fold.

bb turns over J 3 or something and utg+1 turns over AT. He bet with nothing. bb Hits 3 on turn and takes the pot, I would have knocked him out if I had stayed in for the 6 on the river.

I made it know that I would have knocked him out on the river, and utg+1 seemed a bit embarrased.

I ended up getting 3 handed with about 2 to one chip lead over small stack and a bit more than the villan in previous hand. I was running over them quite well and then small stack goes all in and I called with A7 and she had 89, she sucked out 9 on river and then a few hands later I raise on the button with K5s, she reraised all in and i called , she had QJ and hit Q on river. Damm river lol She had me out chipped by only a small amount, so that was it.

I not too upset about the beats though, I got my money in with the best hand, and she had to out draw me to win, if our cards were face up I would make the same play.

The only thing that bugs me is that dumb ass finished higher after not checking it down.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:26 pm 
Offline
PSO User

Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:54 pm
Posts: 1
THIS ALL MADE ME LOL
Quote:
With 7 players left, top 5 get paid I am in the sb with 69 os, bb has less than the min raise after posting and utg +1 limps in. Everyone folds to me, and I know he is going all in so I just call to avoid a side pot with a bad hand. Just before I call though, utg+1 is saying you can't raise, you can't raise.

what are you doing in this pot to start with when there is a UTG call pre-flop, let the small stacks fight it out.
Quote:
I called with A7 and she had 89, she sucked out 9 on river and then a few hands later I raise on the button with K5s, she reraised all in and i called , she had QJ and hit Q on river. Damm river lol She

you play like an idiot calling all in with weak/moderate hands when the rest of the table is starting to get desperate, and short stacked. Sit back, let them knock each other out. steal some blinds occasionally, but mostly sit and wait. Also you say she "sucked out"? sucking out would imply that she remained in a bet pot with little chance of winning. She was all in pre-flop with no chance to call or fold post-flop, therefore no chance of "sucking Out" only luck of the draw. She pushed when desperate to double up/steal blinds, you called with a weak hand, and donked away some chips..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:02 am 
Offline
PSO Gold
PSO Gold

Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:15 am
Posts: 219
Location: England
mlandiland wrote:
THIS ALL MADE ME LOL
Quote:
With 7 players left, top 5 get paid I am in the sb with 69 os, bb has less than the min raise after posting and utg +1 limps in. Everyone folds to me, and I know he is going all in so I just call to avoid a side pot with a bad hand. Just before I call though, utg+1 is saying you can't raise, you can't raise.

what are you doing in this pot to start with when there is a UTG call pre-flop, let the small stacks fight it out.


I disagree, this is a perfect spot to see a cheap flop, no matter what, you physically cannot lose more than an extra 1.5BB's here, as UTG+1 obviously can't reraise. I think you thought it out well, although UTG+1's bluff in that spot was stupid. You aren't trying to play a side pot, but merely an extra hand for BB to fight. Too bad UTG+1 didn't see that.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron