It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Picture bWin Experience
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:20 pm 
PSO User

Pokersource nic: tino11
Pokersource e mail: justin316@hotmail.com
bWin nic: EnigmaticOne

I have known about Pokersource for some time now, but this was the first time I have had the chance to complete one of the many deals on offer.
I have a lot of poker accounts, but the bWin deal was on a site where I had not played before. I know the Ongame network well as thats where I had my first online experience with poker.
I knew what to expect with the software. I prefer no avatars at the tables and that is easy to do at bWin. I also have a preferred seating arrangement for my HUDS and that is easy to set up as well. The software is functional and I have never had any connection issues or lag issues whatsoever. I knew what to expect which was a bonus.
I signed up, made my deposit and made a start gathering the points required to complete the deal. I had a pretty bad downswing to start and sliced a chunk of my roll away. The real problem was having too many irons in the fire at any one time. I slowly but surely got my poker scene sorted out, completing deals and games so that I could focus on the bWin deal.
Once sorted, I found the going pretty easy to be honest. I slowly managed to grind my roll back up playing 4NL. When I was doing that, I had a couple of e mails from Pokersource to keep me informed of the timescale which was great. It saved me from having to continuously check the status of the deal. It was easy to track my progress points wise on bWin. Click the cashier on the poker lobby, the site opens on the net, click my poker account and then click pending bonus and you can see how many points you have earnt so far. That takes all of two minutes.
Once I had my roll back to almost its starting point, I was happy to jump into 10NL to finish the deal. I had been doing a lot of off table work on my game and I was using this deal to try a few things out. It was almost two for one. Earning points and improving my game went well together. The 10NL scene at bWin is pretty soft. You will find your regs and once you have identified them, you can either take them on or avoid them. Theres plenty of action in the evenings [GMT] in the micros from about 6pm through to 12pm. Then traffic dies away and the cash tables become pretty quiet. So finding action can be a problem for some. I seldom play during the daytime, so it suited me fine.
I had no problems with bWin. I made my deposit via Skrill [Moneybookers] which was instant and I withdrew the same way once the deal was done. That went through inside of 3 days and about 7 days after that, the points were in my account here.
The points requirement for the bWin deal is one of the easier ones to achieve in my opinion. The way the points are calculated is explained before you sign up via Pokersource, so you know what you have to do before you start. bWin update your points daily, so you always know where you are at with your progress.
I completed the deal making a nice little profit on bWin and earnt 12,500 points along the way. That will go into gift cards for cash on Carbon where I like to play my DoN SnG games. I can build a good roll from those games.
All in all, I put in about 10K hands at both limits and although thats a pretty small sample, I learnt something from it as well. I dont 3bet bluff the regs enough and was losing some value [leak fixed]. So you are going to need to put some volume in to complete any deals here, unless you play higher limits, thus paying more rake. I made a small deposit and played well out of good BR management suggestions. To anyone thinking of any deal, unless you are very confident in your game and can crush the limits you play, make sure you can sustain a downswing if it should come your way. It slowed me up, but I was determined to grind it out and not deposit anything more.
Great deal, good site, good experience and it added to my learning as well. Win win if you ask me.

Attachments:
PS Deal.jpg
PS Deal.jpg [ 108.72 KiB | Viewed 804 times ]

Post subject: Re: Picture bWin Experience
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:25 pm 

Hi Justin -

Thanks for the in depth review and we are glad to see you have completed one of our promotions! Your account has been credited 250 points!

Thanks!