It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: [Picture] Bwin Review
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:52 pm 
PSO User

Bwin Review

Scale of 1 to 10, 1 being poor/difficult, 10 being excellent/easy

Ease of Pokersource Bonus Completion (6/10)

I had to generate about $180 in rake to get the points necessary to complete the Pokersource requirements. This took me 10k hands of 10nl and 8k hands of 4nl full ring playing a 13/8 TAG style.

Softness of Games (10/10)

I’ve played on iPoker, Merge, Microgaming, Party, and Ongame – and Ongame is by far the softest. At 4nl and 10nl, it’s a limp/fold or limp/call/fold to cbet bonanza. During primetime, table VPIP/PFR is in the area of 25/5 (or worse!); even during off-peak hours it’s beatable.

I believe there are 5 or 6 players (not naming names!) in the micros who are bots; fortunately, they are very bad, very exploitable bots.

Availability of Microstakes NL Games (7/10)

During primetime (European evening hours), there are tons of micro tables; during other times (e.g. the middle of the night in Europe), it’s hard to get 4 tables going.

Software (6/10)

I like the look of the tables and the cards; they are free of clutter. However, I have two complaints: 1) no waitlist and 2) no auto-rebuy to max feature (that I could find).

Quality of Bwin Promotions/Bonus Program (4/10)

The Bwin bonuses are released in large increments. I deposited $460, so my bonuses are released in $46 increments. This requires about $250 in rake (I’ve paid $175). Now that I’ve cleared the Pokersource bonus, I’m ready to hit and run, but I’ve got to stick around to get my $46 bucks.

My suggestion: deposit around $250; you can hit your Pokersource bonus and get the optimal amount of Bwin bonus, then leave.

Bwin Customer Service (1/10)

Bwin has (by far) the worst customer service of any site I’ve played on. The average response time to an answer to a query/problem was 5 to 7 days.

The problems began with my deposit. In my country, my deposit options are Western Union and bank transfer. I chose the bank transfer. The teller at my bank mis-entered one of the letters in the reference number (my fault). This took over three weeks to resolve (their fault).

Once I resolved the deposit issue, I discovered that I was not a member of their “b’inside” program (which is supposed to be automatic when you make a deposit). In order to accrue Poker Points (necessary for the Pokersource requirements), you have to be a member; it took Bwin over 5 days to resolve this issue….when they finally did, they did not credit me with the bonus…then this took another 5 days to resolve.

Bwin customer service – fail.

Pokersource Customer Service (10/10)

Because of the Bwin customer service nonsense, it took me almost a month to sort out the deposit and bonus issues. It would have been very hard to clear the bonus at 10nl in the remaining time. Fortunately, Pokersource was very understanding and gave me all the time needed to clear the requirements.

I find it ironic that the company that gives me free money for nothing has the superior service. Once again, Pokersource comes through!

Screenshot of completed bonus requirements attached.

Pokersource username: kenseoul

Attachments:
kenseoulscreenshot.png
kenseoulscreenshot.png [ 170.56 KiB | Viewed 760 times ]

Post subject: Re: [Picture] Bwin Review
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:47 pm 

Hi Ken -

Once again we appreciate your input and completion of yet another promotion. Your account has been credited 250 points!

Thanks!