It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Beat by the one card that could take me down..
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:29 pm 
PSO Gold
PSO Gold

This morning on Party $25 NL, I had pocket jacks on the button. UTG raised to $2 and 4 of us called. Flop came out Ace Jace Deuce rainbow. UTG raised $3, with two others calling. I raised to $10. UTG and MP1 both fold, MP2 pushes me all in (this is right after I bought in).

I was fairly certain that he didn't have rockets, so I call. Turn is a nine. River is a deuce.

Yup, he has pocket 2's. My jacks full of deuces beat by quad 2's. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:24 pm 
PSO Poker God
PSO Poker God

The dreaded one-outer. The bad part is that nobody played this wrong. I'd have played the trip 2s the way he did, as it is a masked hand. Your trip jacks had to be played hard too.

You just got a bad break. Poker sucks sometimes.

Here's something worse, I hope it makes you feel better. In the STT I just played, with 4 left, the guy to my left went all in pre-flop with his 10-10. Flop had two 10s as well....but he was already all in with 68 chips after bluffing away 2500 on the previous hand. He quadrupled up but still got knocked out 4th on the bubble on the next hand when the big blind put him all in. Sometimes it's just better to keep it in your pants for ONE MORE shot.

Like a great poker player once said, "If you bluff more than once a week, you're not as good as you think you are."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:54 am 
PSO Gold
PSO Gold

DuggleBogey wrote:
The dreaded one-outer. The bad part is that nobody played this wrong. I'd have played the trip 2s the way he did, as it is a masked hand. Your trip jacks had to be played hard too.

You just got a bad break. Poker sucks sometimes.

Yeah, I was definitely pissed, but it was hard for me to be mad at the guy for pulling it off since I would've made the same call if I were in his shoes. The only thing that really made me angry was that he left 5 minutes later and I wasn't able to take my money back from him :evil: