It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Problems with Cake Poker continually sitting me out
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:41 pm 
PSO Platinum
PSO Platinum

Tried playing on Cake Poker tonight. Hourglass cursor appeared after every hand and lasted from 5 to 15 seconds. And for the longer delay times, I would be sat out. And opening more than one table resulted in complete catatonia of the Cake software. Very frustrating and impossible to make any progress on the promotion. Tried NL, PL, FL, full ring and 6 max, Hold'em and Omaha. All were the same. Then tried my wife's computer which is much faster than mine. Same problems.

Then tried other poker sites and there was no problem with delay at all, even with 4 tables open, so problem not with my ISP.

Anyone else having this problem with the Cake software? If this is not a temporary glitch, I will have to abandon the promotion. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:02 am 
PSO Extreme
PSO Extreme

I've been having very similar problems since I started this promo. And this is part of the reason why it's taken me days to complete it.

Grrrrr.

I am mostly doing sit n gos. I have to keep exiting and then re-loading the software after every game just to be able to get into a new one. (And often during my tournies as well!)

The list for tournies doesn't work most the time, and I keep getting that blasted hour-glass constantly as well.

On a scale of 1 to 10... I'll give the software a 1.5 only because it SEEMS to work (sort of) for the first few minutes when you log on.

I know other people are having better luck...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:14 am 
PSO Platinum
PSO Platinum

Yep. It sometimes does seem to work correctly when I first log in, but it often takes a very long time to open a table and as soon as I play a few hands, it starts hourglassing me again.

Terribly frustrating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:48 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi,

I sent an email to cake poker to find out what is happening with their software or at least get some sort of answer. Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:43 am 
PSO Platinum
PSO Platinum

nel4nath wrote:
Hi,

I sent an email to cake poker to find out what is happening with their software or at least get some sort of answer. Thank you

This morning the software worked just fine 2-tabling for about 1/2 hour. Then, however, it was back to the hourglasses. I closed and re-opened the software, and then it worked fine again until I quit playing about an hour later. :?: :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:57 pm 
PSO Poker God
PSO Poker God

Do you have an anti virus software running at the same time? Sometimes Norton doesn't mix with other programs correctly.

I get the hour glass and the tournies not showing up sometimes but only for brief secs and not during play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:47 pm 
PSO Platinum
PSO Platinum

actyper wrote:
Do you have an anti virus software running at the same time? Sometimes Norton doesn't mix with other programs correctly.

I get the hour glass and the tournies not showing up sometimes but only for brief secs and not during play.

Good point and I agree that Norton is notorious for not liking several other programs and interferes with their operation. That is one of the reasons I switched to PCcillin a few years ago. It seems to be compatible with most programs. It does hog the CPU when it is updating, but that has not been happening during the Cake glitch. Don't know what antivirus program Red Diamond has.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:42 pm 
PSO Poker God
PSO Poker God

I think Cake's network is just shitty in general. However I did play 4 tables for 2-3 hours last night with pretty much no problems other than one freeze. I've never had the hourglass lag problem really.

And the soft games more than make up for any software issues :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:43 pm 
PSO Poker God
PSO Poker God

Shows how much we care about software stability, cake and betfair are my two favourite rooms, and probably the 2 worst/most unstable rooms out there. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:46 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I just received a reply from Cake Poker and they are having issues with their system but it should be taken care of soon. Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:11 am 
PSO User

I've just tried to deposit money to my account using your bonuscode 'PSOGIFT', but got an "invalid bonus code" massege.:(
What to do then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:25 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

noorah11 wrote:
I've just tried to deposit money to my account using your bonuscode 'PSOGIFT', but got an "invalid bonus code" massege.:(
What to do then?
]

Try adding the code in lower case letters and let me know what happened. Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:21 am 
PSO User

i deposited the most of my very limited bankroll to FTP instead.so i cannot try it now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:42 am 
PSO Silver
PSO Silver

It has become my favorite poker site. The bonus is easy to get and there are a lot of cash games tables. I am a cash game player so I love it. It is a cash game site in my opinion. They lack resizeable tables and sit where you want to options but I heard they are coming. Other than that the site is very cool and you can make money pretty easy there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:18 pm 
PSO Silver
PSO Silver

nel4nath wrote:
noorah11 wrote:
What to do then?
]

Try adding the code in lower case letters and let me know what happened. Thank you

I had the same Problem....

I was unable to enter the code...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next