It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Raked hands vs Tournaments?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:35 pm 
PSO Extreme
PSO Extreme

I'm really interested in the PSO's offers, but I'm a little concerned about the raked hands requirement. I play mostly single-table and multi-tables tournaments, but according to the conditions for the promotion, those don't seem to count at all. So, would I need to play ring games until I get my chips, or is there a way to do it by playing tournaments? (I find them to be a lot more fun, and more suited for my style).

On a side note, tournaments seem to work for FPP, right? Just correct me if I'm wrong.

Post subject: Re: Raked hands vs Tournaments?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dekar wrote:
I'm really interested in the PSO's offers, but I'm a little concerned about the raked hands requirement. I play mostly single-table and multi-tables tournaments, but according to the conditions for the promotion, those don't seem to count at all. So, would I need to play ring games until I get my chips, or is there a way to do it by playing tournaments? (I find them to be a lot more fun, and more suited for my style).

On a side note, tournaments seem to work for FPP, right? Just correct me if I'm wrong.

Tournaments work for the FFP but there is no way to count them for the chip promotions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:46 pm 
PSO Extreme
PSO Extreme

Thanks for the quick answer.

That's pretty much what I expected. I guess I'll have to adjust to the ring games for a few hours before I can get back to tournament play and still earn FPP points. But the chips are more than worth it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:53 pm 
PSO Poker God
PSO Poker God

Tournaments do count for FFP, but not very much. It seems like you'd have to play a LOT of tournaments to get much in the way of returns from FFP. But then again most of the players I know play a LOT of tournaments.

A lot of players prefer tournaments to ring games, and I know the three table tourneys at Party Poker seem to be incredibly successful. When you play a 3 table tourney, do you just get FFP points for your rake, or do you get a share of the rake from all 30 players? I'm still not very clear on the tournament rake rebate calculation.

If I play a 3 table tournament (30 players) that is $30+3, how many FFP points would I get?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

DuggleBogey wrote:
Tournaments do count for FFP, but not very much. It seems like you'd have to play a LOT of tournaments to get much in the way of returns from FFP. But then again most of the players I know play a LOT of tournaments.

A lot of players prefer tournaments to ring games, and I know the three table tourneys at Party Poker seem to be incredibly successful. When you play a 3 table tourney, do you just get FFP points for your rake, or do you get a share of the rake from all 30 players? I'm still not very clear on the tournament rake rebate calculation.

If I play a 3 table tournament (30 players) that is $30+3, how many FFP points would I get?

You get 60 FFP points for each $30+$3 tournament you enter.