It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

chegue wrote:
I havent got a usp mail, arent you supposed to get that when the chips are sned?

Jonas...it must have gotten lost...here's your tracking #:

1Z2Y508R6640655100

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:29 pm 
PSO User

I have now had my chipset for a week and today I got a bill from ups. They are demanding me for 250sek. Which is about 50$. I thought I didnt need to pay anything for the delievering?
I feel like I been robed!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

chegue wrote:
I have now had my chipset for a week and today I got a bill from ups. They are demanding me for 250sek. Which is about 50$. I thought I didnt need to pay anything for the delievering?
I feel like I been robed!!

chegue,

There are a few posts in the forum about this. The bill you received is from your country's customs office. We cannot control your country's customs fees. Since you have the chips I would suggest calling them to dispute it and / or just not paying the bill (you have the chips right?...are they going to come into your home and take them back?). Search the forum, as there are several posts about this. As far as I know, no one who's challenged it has had to pay...good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:38 am 
PSO User

I think it is really really bad that you dont tell me that there were gonna be a nother fee for me, I haave now called them and it is nota gift when the chips come from an internetcompany, so therfore I have to pay for it. I hope we can solve this someway.....?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:40 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

chegue wrote:
I think it is really really bad that you dont tell me that there were gonna be a nother fee for me, I haave now called them and it is nota gift when the chips come from an internetcompany, so therfore I have to pay for it. I hope we can solve this someway.....?

How are we supposed to know that you'll be charged a Customs Fee?...we aren't clairvoyent and not everyone is charged.

Again, it was shipped as a promotional item and you should NOT to have pay a fee...either argue w/them some more or DON'T PAY IT.

There is nothing to solve on OUR end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:48 am 
PSO Poker God
PSO Poker God

chegue wrote:

Damn Whinners!

Buddy, pay the customs charge up front. When you get the forms, there will be an option you fill out if you feel the charges are wrong. Fill it out, send it to the address indicated, and you'll get your refund. Don't bitch to PSO when its our government who is collecting from you. Use your head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:37 am 
PSO Premium
PSO Premium

i live in canada. i once got a customs fee charge from UPS however they had already dropped off my package. the fee was for $35 but i thought to myself, why would i pay this if i already have the goods? i just ignored it and nothing ever came of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:11 pm 
PSO Elite
PSO Elite

chegue wrote:

Take some time and look through some of the other support postings, as Jay suggested in one of the earlier emails. Customs fees are charged by the government. In your case, it's the Swedish government that you should be talking to, not PSO. What influence do you think PSO has on your government?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:52 am 
PSO User

The thing is that you on pso has not sent it away as a gift and therefore there is a charge. If you would have done your part it would have been o.k now hey are charging me and that is not o.k. Throw our laws its up to you to inorm me about this kinds of things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:51 am 
PSO User

It has nothing to do with PSO (as already stated). UPS/Swedish customs/Swedish government does not believe internet companies anymore when they write gift as too many have done this. Therefore they always charge custom fees to these packages.

What you can do is to contact UPS and try to get the money back (good luck, have tried this several times and has still not worked). But blaiming PSO for this is just wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:39 am 
PSO Premium
PSO Premium

be careful ignoring custom charges.. I did the same once, and they tried to come after me... you can seriously damage your credit rating here in Canada by doing that...

I didn't have any custom duties on the chips, and I had a $24.95 charge for the poker table which I knew about ahead of time (mind you everyone else had $23, but of course I'm not going to complain about a whopping $1.95.. just found it strange)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:42 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

chegue wrote:
The thing is that you on pso has not sent it away as a gift and therefore there is a charge. If you would have done your part it would have been o.k now hey are charging me and that is not o.k. Throw our laws its up to you to inorm me about this kinds of things.

Chegue...you last complained about this on 7/21 and you complain again about the same thing on 8/11...should I expect another post in early Sept?

fyi, I am now marking all overseas packages as "Gifts", and guess what? It makes NO difference. Some people are getting charged and some not. It's a complete roll of the dice as to which package gets inspected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:40 am 
PSO User

It does make a difference.. cause I have been trying to fight them for a while now and it would have been alright if you had marked it as a gift...