It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Pacific Poker promo
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:43 am 
PSO Silver
PSO Silver

Just wondering if theres any sort of lag time between me reaching 250 raked hands and poker source finding out I have played 250 raked hands. Pacific doesn't seem to know (at least the customer support doesn't know) how many raked hands I have played, and to be honest, I don't like playing at Pacific poker. I have spent several hours playing at pacific and I want to get my DVDs and cash out!

The promo brought me in to give them a try, but the software is killing me. I like the table selection screen though. Thanks for getting back to me on this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:00 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I agree that the software sucks. I was also suspecting the hands are juiced or something. I would peg my win % there below 5%, but when I did win a hand I won big.

Pacific is usually good about informing PSO when you complete your hands. Assuming you informed PSO that you are doing this promo by filling out their form. I completed my hands over a weekend and PSO emailed me to say that it would ship soon. All before I thought I even met the requirements. Most people here suggest you keep track of your raked hands. You can find the definition of a raked hand in JuryDuty's FAQ.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:12 am 
PSO Premium
PSO Premium

d-onion wrote:
Most people here suggest you keep track of your raked hands. Y

I've tired this and I am WAY off when all is said and done. I guess I get into the poker a little too much and forget :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:44 am 
PSO Gold
PSO Gold

You tell how much you've wagered from the bonus points (check cashier) and use that to give you some sort of reading on raked hands. I know I had around 150 points or $1500 wagered on the 1/2 tables when i reached my hands. It doesn't give you an exact reading but it gives some sort of ballpark figure.

Keeping track of them yourself becomes fairly difficult when trying counting to 250 over a span of 5-6 hours or however long it takes for you to reach the hands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:16 pm 
PSO Premium
PSO Premium

bouncer wrote:
Keeping track of them yourself becomes fairly difficult when trying counting to 250 over a span of 5-6 hours or however long it takes for you to reach the hands.

Or when you've got a 16 month old running around the house picking up every spare piece of paper he sees! This doesn't help in the tracking of raked hands!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:55 pm 
PSO Silver
PSO Silver

This is off the topic of the thread but I just saw the titles "PSO Gold" and "PSO Silver" for the first time under your names. What does that mean?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's just the ranks Peter was working on.

http://www.pokersourceonline.com/forum/viewtopic~t~689.php

Post a couple more and you'll get a new rank. You're almost there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:48 am 
PSO Premium
PSO Premium

Have to agree with you here. Not anywhere close to what I'm used to with Party and Stars.

Hopefully somehow the hands start going faster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:31 am 
PSO Premium
PSO Premium

I sent Pacific a couple e-mails. They say they will respond in a couple hours but I haven't heard back from the in a couple days. I have about 3 times the hands required to get the DVD's.

As far as my success there, here is a short report:

Last night at Pacific however was the worst suckout session I've ever seen on-line (and I've seen plenty of adult sites) on a $3/6 table. I lost 8 pots over $70, a couple over $100 when people hit 2/3 outers against me. What a joke. I'm still on tilt this morning and taking a couple days off. Lost about $150 last night. Easily could have been $500 the other way.

Pacific since starting last week. Started with $100, got it up to $210. Quickly dropped down to $70 then the climb started. Before playing last night I got it to $446 (Sunday afternoon), but now this morning the account is at $294. I want my DVD's. Calls made here are an absolute joke. I had Aces, 3 callers capped pre-flop. Nothing comes up on the flop, it is 3 bet, 1 dropped. 2nd diamond on the turn, bet and raise 1 folds. 3rd diamond hits the river. Guy called 4 bets preflop, 3 after the flop with 8/2 diamonds. There wasn't even a diamond draw and he didn't have a pair, 23:1 you get it runner/runner. Unless you have a straight/flush don't stay in at Pacific on a full table even at the $3/6 level. But then other hands I see guys taking $60 pots with ace high???.....I made most of the $$$ on a short-handed $3/6 table with about 5-7 people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:52 am 
PSO Premium
PSO Premium

tommy300 wrote:
I sent Pacific a couple e-mails. They say they will respond in a couple hours but I haven't heard back from the in a couple days. I have about 3 times the hands required to get the DVD's.

As far as my success there, here is a short report:

Last night at Pacific however was the worst suckout session I've ever seen on-line (and I've seen plenty of adult sites) on a $3/6 table. I lost 8 pots over $70, a couple over $100 when people hit 2/3 outers against me. What a joke. I'm still on tilt this morning and taking a couple days off. Lost about $150 last night. Easily could have been $500 the other way.

Pacific since starting last week. Started with $100, got it up to $210. Quickly dropped down to $70 then the climb started. Before playing last night I got it to $446 (Sunday afternoon), but now this morning the account is at $294. I want my DVD's. Calls made here are an absolute joke. I had Aces, 3 callers capped pre-flop. Nothing comes up on the flop, it is 3 bet, 1 dropped. 2nd diamond on the turn, bet and raise 1 folds. 3rd diamond hits the river. Guy called 4 bets preflop, 3 after the flop with 8/2 diamonds. There wasn't even a diamond draw and he didn't have a pair, 23:1 you get it runner/runner. Unless you have a straight/flush don't stay in at Pacific on a full table even at the $3/6 level. But then other hands I see guys taking $60 pots with ace high???.....I made most of the $$$ on a short-handed $3/6 table with about 5-7 people.

Interesting that "fish" would be playing the $3/6 tables...or so it seems that they are fish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:54 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

or is it juiced?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:56 am 
PSO Premium
PSO Premium

d-onion wrote:
or is it juiced?

Even though it's all random, there does seem to be a bit of 'weighted' play involved at most sites... I always wonder if a "computer" is sitting at one of my tables looking at everyone's hands. Just being paranoid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:02 am 
PSO Premium
PSO Premium

d-onion wrote:
or is it juiced?

I tohught this way myself last night. For people to be wasting so much big $$ on some of the worst plays had me thinking there was some sort of "fix". I lost $150 and was clearly one of the 3 good players on the table....

Either that or I'm just an idiot? I'd lean towards the first however because excellent play, not great river cards got me from $70 to $450....

Post subject: Re: Pacific Poker promo
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

mikewvp wrote:
Just wondering if theres any sort of lag time between me reaching 250 raked hands and poker source finding out I have played 250 raked hands. Pacific doesn't seem to know (at least the customer support doesn't know) how many raked hands I have played, and to be honest, I don't like playing at Pacific poker. I have spent several hours playing at pacific and I want to get my DVDs and cash out!

The promo brought me in to give them a try, but the software is killing me. I like the table selection screen though. Thanks for getting back to me on this.

Michael...they're scheduled for delivery 7/22...here's your tracking #:

1Z2Y508R0340065660

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:05 pm 
PSO Gold
PSO Gold

tommy300 wrote:
Either that or I'm just an idiot? I'd lean towards the first however because excellent play, not great river cards got me from $70 to $450....

The only reason you'd be an idiot is for still playing at pacific after completing the requirements for the dvd promotion, there is another post in the bad beats section about pacific. You're not alone in getting bad beats. There are a lot of stupid players there that won't fold their hand, although in the long run you should have caught up and beat those chasers with the percentages, or maybe it is "juiced" ? But I guess when you're on a losing streak you want to blame it something. :?