It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: PICTURE - Review Pokerstars 9000 PSO points
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:24 am 
PSO User

Hi

My pso account is DJDoubleD and I just completed my first PSO promotion: 9000 PSO points through Pokerstars

I started at Pokerstars with a very moderate bankroll (around 80$) which I accumulated through some IB promo at another site.
Since I don't like to play outside my BR, I decided to clear this promo playing the 1.10$ DON turbo's.

- Difficulty rating (Stars): 5/10 (1 easy / 10 hard)
This is probably a pretty high rating compared to the other reviews I've seen on this forum,
but I get the idea that most people doing the promo's here are already seasonned players who start out
with a decent BR and play above the micro limits (often multitabling for longer periods).
For me the promo seemed pretty impossible to do playing NL HE at the micro limits since the pot has to reach 8$ in order to recieve 1 fpp.
At stakes up to NL10 this seems pretty uncommon to me. I cleared the promo playing the Don's (3 tabling now) for on average 1 hour a day
with a very marginal profit.
I read up on some strategies and EV+ play in these don's before I started but.
Normally I should have attained a higher ROI, but bad beats seem very common in these don's
(every 70/30 allin situation seems to be a 50/50 in reality)

- Service Pokerstars : 8/10
I never really needed them, so can't comment to much. Not needing them is often better then needing them though. They were very fast in confirming my promo conditions.

- Service PSO: 8/10
Same story as for stars really. Didn't really need them and the PSO points were released in about 3 days.
I don't believe in giving the maximum score since there should always be room for improvement.

After I clear the Pokerstars deposit bonus, I'll probably try another PSO promo (hopefully with a bigger BR by then :-) )

Last edited by DJDoubleD on Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:25 am 
PSO User

I just put a *image* placeholder in the post above which I will replace after this post since I need 2 posts to be able to insert images.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:34 am 
PSO User

hmm, I figured I could edit the top post to include the image link after 2 posts, but when I edit it, it still tells me then following:

Quote:
In order to try to prevent spammers, we do not allow our users to post URLs or enter personal data into their profile until they have posted at least 2 legitimate posts and have been with us for more than 2 days. We appreciate your understanding in this matter in order to help us eliminate spam from this forum. If you have somehow gotten this message even though you meet both of the criteria, please let us know ASAP.

Thanks!

I'll try again this evening

Post subject: Re: PICTURE - Review Pokerstars 9000 PSO points
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:08 am 

DJDoubleD wrote:
Hi

My pso account is DJDoubleD and I just completed my first PSO promotion: 9000 PSO points through Pokerstars

*image*

I started at Pokerstars with a very moderate bankroll (around 80$) which I accumulated through some IB promo at another site.
Since I don't like to play outside my BR, I decided to clear this promo playing the 1.10$ DON turbo's.

- Difficulty rating (Stars): 5/10 (1 easy / 10 hard)
This is probably a pretty high rating compared to the other reviews I've seen on this forum,
but I get the idea that most people doing the promo's here are already seasonned players who start out
with a decent BR and play above the micro limits (often multitabling for longer periods).
For me the promo seemed pretty impossible to do playing NL HE at the micro limits since the pot has to reach 8$ in order to recieve 1 fpp.
At stakes up to NL10 this seems pretty uncommon to me. I cleared the promo playing the Don's (3 tabling now) for on average 1 hour a day
with a very marginal profit.
I read up on some strategies and EV+ play in these don's before I started but.
Normally I should have attained a higher ROI, but bad beats seem very common in these don's
(every 70/30 allin situation seems to be a 50/50 in reality)

- Service Pokerstars : 8/10
I never really needed them, so can't comment to much. Not needing them is often better then needing them though. They were very fast in confirming my promo conditions.

- Service PSO: 8/10
Same story as for stars really. Didn't really need them and the PSO points were released in about 3 days.
I don't believe in giving the maximum score since there should always be room for improvement.

After I clear the Pokerstars deposit bonus, I'll probably try another PSO promo (hopefully with a bigger BR by then :-) )

Thank you for your review! We've added some points to your account 8)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:49 am 
PSO User

marlene wrote:

Thanks
Just got back from work and here's my 3rd attempt to add the picture:

(if it works now, I'll also add it in the first post since i just looks better that way ;-) )

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:23 pm 

DJDoubleD wrote:
marlene wrote:

Thanks
Just got back from work and here's my 3rd attempt to add the picture:

(if it works now, I'll also add it in the first post since i just looks better that way ;-) )

You're most welcome. Congratulations on your promotion! 8)